Do You See What Happens Cougar King? Do you see?

All About UNT

I feel sorry for UTEP next week at The Rob.

Because attempting to beat up on the Miners with the bipolar team we've had this season will make us feel soooo much better for that butt-whipping we just took from the Ponies on the purty colorful television box thingy.

Should we beat them? Yep. But we should've beaten SMOO too. This season's Cardiac Coogs are like a box of chocolates... we never know what we're gonna get. Last night was clearly a Crunchy Frog. I'm praying that we don't get a Spring Surprise before season's end.

Edited by RushnStudies
  • Upvote 4

This season's Cardiac Coogs are like a box of chocolates... we never know what we're gonna get. Last night was clearly a Crunchy Frog. I'm praying that we don't get a Spring Surprise before season's end.

Anthrax Ripple?

• Upvote 1

I think NT would have been better served with a Houston win, this just makes the loss look worse.

It also proves the problems looking at prior games to predict games, but mostly it can get real nasty when you play a team that got embarrassed in their last game.

I just hope another bad omen doesn't surface against the Muts, a team that got beat 59-7 the prior year is going to be sky high to revenge the stomping.

• Upvote 1

I cannot understand how they got that number. I saw their stands and I saw ours and one of the numbers is way off. No way the two games had anywhere close to the same attendance. Our two stadiums hold roughly the same and it looked like they had half, maybe 2/3rds (very generous) the number of people in attendance. They have to be counting tickets sold, plus student ids swiped.

I cannot understand how they got that number. I saw their stands and I saw ours and one of the numbers is way off. No way the two games had anywhere close to the same attendance. Our two stadiums hold roughly the same and it looked like they had half, maybe 2/3rds (very generous) the number of people in attendance. They have to be counting tickets sold, plus student ids swiped.

It's simple. Have your admissions department make copies of every student ID and just have people from the AD swipe them before the game.

12k students, plus actual people there last night would equal about 16k.

Someone with more knowledge correct me if I'm wrong:

SMU's numbers are gonna be off all year long because they had 5,000+ DFW Aggies buy season tickets in order to attend 1 game. I think they're allowed to count season tickets, even if they don't show up. At North Texas, we don't have very many season ticket holders, and of the ones we do have 75%+ show up to every game, so we're very rarely getting to count empty seats like those folks at SMU, etc

No idea how to post photos from my phone, but Emmitt sent two from the midde of SMU's 1st quarter last night and there couldn't have been more than 5,000 people there, and that may be generous?

We missed most of the first quarter due to my son's football game, but when we did get home to watch, I felt like the camera operators were mostly going out of their way to not show shots of the stands. SMOO fans who didn't go should be kicking themselves today. Not only were we bad and they were better, but we made them look great.

I hope I never hear "Peruna" that many times again for the rest of my lifespan.

I really don't see how it will not benefit SMU. I think it will definitely benefit us and I agree that our first sellout might come against SMU, especially if we keep improving and go in to that game with a really nice squad.

I think if we beat the tar out of SMU they may stop playing us but besides that I bet the ADs will keep it going.