Conversation With A Cashier

So, I'm at my friendly neighborhood Wal-Mart on the Frisco/Little Elm border sporting my Mean Green lid. While I'm putting my groceries on the conveyor belt thingy, the old lady cashier says, "North Texas?"

I say, "Yes'm. North Texas."

"They had a pretty good game last night, they won, right?" she asks.

"Yes'm, they did," said I.

"They beat that team that won the Super Bowl last year," she said definitively.

I stopped unloading groceries and looked at her...then said, "Yes...yes, they did!"

My parent taught me to repect my elders, so I wasn't going to discuss the nuances of this Bowl versus that Bowl with her.

Edited by The Fake Lonnie Finch
  • Upvote 2

Nice to see a fellow little elmer.

We're in Frisco, but we shop at that Walmart on the Frisco/Little Elm border.

We've also hit the new ALDI in Little Elm. I'm a little sad about the develoopment on that corner, though. I used to go to that little, old liquor store run by the Vietnamese folk to lay in provisions. Was always interested to see how the wife was dressed.

So, I'm at my friendly neighborhood Wal-Mart on the Frisco/Little Elm border sporting my Mean Green lid. While I'm putting my groceries on the conveyor belt thingy, the old lady cashier says, "North Texas?"

I say, "Yes'm. North Texas."

"They had a pretty good game last night, they won, right?" she asks.

"Yes'm, they did," said I.

"They beat that team that won the Super Bowl last year," she said definitively.

I stopped unloading groceries and looked at her...then said, "Yes...yes, they did!"

My parent taught me to repect my elders, so I wasn't going to discuss the nuances of this Bowl versus that Bowl with her.

Shouldve told her they hit a grand slam in the 10th inning to win the game, crowd went wild.

• Upvote 1

I still bought from them even after Goody-Goody moved in behind them.

The ALDI is actually across the street (kind of) from where their old store was. Little Elm's got some nice development going on over there. But, you know how old farts are...I like the mom and pop liquor store. I'm sure Goody-Goody is fine...just no character to it like a mom and pop...or, whatever the hell Vietnamese call mom and pop outfits.

Edited by The Fake Lonnie Finch

We're in Frisco, but we shop at that Walmart on the Frisco/Little Elm border.

We've also hit the new ALDI in Little Elm. I'm a little sad about the develoopment on that corner, though. I used to go to that little, old liquor store run by the Vietnamese folk to lay in provisions. Was always interested to see how the wife was dressed.

Im so old that we used to call that 'The Y' because 720 and 423 used to split there.

that was a bit further south. That intersection was called Four Corners. It's where 720 and 423 merged, when north about a mile and then split into a Y. 720 went west into Little Elm, 423 north up to 380.

It's been about 14-15 years since I've been in that area, but I used to spend a lot of time right around there. I'm guessing I wouldn't recognize it now.