Interesting frosh D-Line eval from Mac

Harry

Brad Horton - had shoulder surgery which they knew about but they expect him to be a player. He loves the game.

Malik Dilonga - came a hair away from being activated in two-a-days but they opted not to...in hindsight it was a good decision. Looks like he shows the most promise of all the true freshman d-linemen.

Sir Calvin Wallace - biggest bust initially as he came to Denton in bad, bad shape -- has since rededicated himself and they hope he will someday be able to contribute.

Dutton Watson - one of the only serious injuries that happened in 2-a-days..guy is doing fine now and they think he will help them in 2013.

Mustafa Haboul - huge heart and desire but too small. They knew that when they signed him and he's there every day in the weight room and practice trying to build on his frame.

It sounded to me like McDorman is already playing and so they didn't address that or I missed it.

So, I asked this question at the coaches show for me, but I figured you all would enjoy it too. I hope the delivery was ok. Me and an open mic could be recipe for discomfort and awkwardness.

I really enjoyed watching the coach show in person for the first time, but be prepared. As a newbie, you are required to ask a question.

• Upvote 1

So, I asked this question at the coaches show for me, but I figured you all would enjoy it too. I hope the delivery was ok. Me and an open mic could be recipe for discomfort and awkwardness.

I really enjoyed watching the coach show in person for the first time, but be prepared. As a newbie, you are required to ask a question.

ya did real swell there pal...real swell. Now about those walk-on tryouts.

Oh so that was you. Good question.

I heard you and you sounded like an old pro. And it was a really good question.

Now we know why SIr Calvin couldn't crack the 2 deep. Really thought he had a chance to play immediately. Hopefully, he will be ready next season.

• Upvote 1

"Sir Calvin Wallace - biggest bust initially as he came to Denton in bad, bad shape -- has since rededicated himself and they hope he will someday be able to contribute."

If I remember correctly, UNT was Wallace's only offer and he committed very early in the recruiting process. He sounds like a big time bust to me. So prove me wrong Sir Calvin. Earn your free ride.

• Upvote 1

Hey Shoss great question!! Mac thought you might be a student! Funny responses too.

Good rundown of the youngsters up front! They will continue to develop under Wintrich this fall and early Spring; and hopefully will maximize their opportunities during spring ball.

The prospects of having 6'4" to 6"6 Defensive Ends who can run move to go along with either the larger 300lb Tackles or the lighter ones (Lincoln, Orr, Watson) are exciting. We can have a versatile, athletic front and I would bet we look up in a few years and this is a strength of this team.

Edited by UNT Mean Green
  • Upvote 2