This is Cow Poo

UNTstormchaser

I regret posting my thread, but I was just so pissed off. Anyway, yup, small time fan base. Our current base of young alumni and students are changing, eventually we'll get past this small time mentality that permeates this place once people grow up a bit.

I don't think we'll have much of a choice than to get past it. If a small time mentality continually permeates a place of nearly 40,000 students, we have problems here a lot bigger than sports.

• Upvote 2

Oh, you're under 21? Well, then you're a stupid kid according to these guys.

Don't worry, I'm aware of that sir.

• Upvote 2

Oh this isn't nuclear. This is how my generation speaks when they have a point to make. Get used to it my fellow Mean Green lover, because in 30 years, fuck will be all over the news.

Because that's the tolerance you preach, right? Your way or the Highway, right?

Because you are 20 and know everything, right?

People vent after a football game. Get over yourself. No one has called for Mac to be fired.

Go purge, then take the butt bong outta your rear end and sleep it off.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

I believe several posted this same timing in 2009.

So much fun to be had here (too bad the lock is coming at any second).

I've been really trying to control the urge to make the bare cupboard argument because it was so baseless and head in the sand toward the real problem last time.

That said, on a percentage basis, I believe Mac, playing with Southlake genius boy's players, would need to lose, I believe, his next 29 or 30 consecutive games to make it on to Tasty's vaunted Dodge Futility List.

Same players, admittedly frustrating results, but still significant improvement.

Most of the in game coaching decisions we now question aren't because he can't count to 11 on the play clock (although I seem to remember something like that against Troy). They're because it seems like he doesn't trust his players. For that, I've got no answers.

Edited by oldguystudent
  • Upvote 1

I don't think we'll have much of a choice than to get past it. If a small time mentality continually permeates a place of nearly 40,000 students, we have problems here a lot bigger than sports.

Just keep in mind this place is a small, very small, portion of the fan base and is the butt of most jokes. It is changing. Many of the posters here still adhere to it though.

• Upvote 1

Because that's the tolerance you preach, right? Your way or the Highway, right?

Because you are 20 and know everything, right?

People vent after a football game. Get over yourself. No one has called for Mac to be fired.

Go purge, then take the butt bong outta your rear end and sleep it off.

Accusations and insults are the most obvious indicator of someone who doesn't actually tolerate anything. I'm fine with venting. I just think it's challenging that we are sitting here calling Mac's coaching abilities into question because he reached the previous coach's 43 game win total in week 2 of season 2, and that we're all sitting here expecting things to change overnight without a struggle and hard work having to have been put in from the players, coaches, AD, fans, etc. This isn't going to be easy. ULM, Arky State, etc., are a flash in the pan. We're building a *&^% winner here. In 15 years, we can all look back on the early Mac years as progress and as something we should have all been very pleased with.

We're North Texas, not Alabama. We aren't going to beat Houston on the road very often yet. Get over it people.

EDIT: Oh, and a butt bong would be awesome. Because we all know I just love it up the ass so much that getting high that way would be ideal. (Obvious sarcasm is %^&* obvious).

Okay, seriously, how am I still being allowed to post?? This is %^&* ridiculous. Boot me already!!

Edited by Harry
  • Upvote 2

Welp, this seems like a solid way to handle things.

In seriousness, though, whatever your personal feelings on the subject - the "bigger time" the fan base, the more irrational shouting for firings on the internet the day after bad losses, you know? What you're getting mad about happens tenfold on "big time" power conference message boards. All things considered, we're remarkably and often depressingly tolerant and sane over here.

Try having a start like this at a "major" college program and watch the insanity unfold. HFC at North Texas is a relatively easy, no stress gig.

Also, don't go the route of getting banned, creating new IDs and then failing to see the irony when you spend time posting under said fake ID to say how lame the board is and how little you care. It's embarrassing, and I honestly think you're better than that, Stormchaser. Cool off and hang in there.

• Upvote 1

Accusations and insults are the most obvious indicator of someone who doesn't actually tolerate anything. I'm fine with venting. I just think it's retarded that we are sitting here calling Mac's coaching abilities into question because he reached the previous coach's 43 game win total in week 2 of season 2, and that we're all sitting here expecting things to change overnight without a struggle and hard work having to have been put in from the players, coaches, AD, fans, etc. This isn't going to be easy. ULM, Arky State, etc., are a flash in the pan. We're building a fucking winner here. In 15 years, we can all look back on the early Mac years as progress and as something we should have all been very pleased with.

We're North Texas, not Alabama. We aren't going to beat Houston on the road very often yet. Get over it people.

EDIT: Oh, and a butt bong would be awesome. Because we all know I just love it up the ass so much that getting high that way would be ideal. (Obvious sarcasm is fucking obvious).

Okay, seriously, how am I still being allowed to post?? This is fucking ridiculous. Boot me already!!

Your right, I mean., we are no Texas St., right? Why should we ever expect to do what a Texas St. does.

Ya, and that flash in the pan ULM. Only managed to beat Alabama and a top ten ranked Arkansas in the last 5 years. Who needs that crap, right?

What really impresses me is your tolerance toward the mentally disabled. I mean, it's like you are a freaking philanthropist, dude.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Your right, I mean., we are no Texas St., right? Why should we ever expect to do what a Texas St. does.

Ya, and that flash in the pan ULM. Only managed to beat Alabama and a top ten ranked Arkansas in the last 5 years. Who needs that crap, right?

What really impresses me is your tolerance toward the mentally disabled. I mean, it's like you are a freaking philanthropist, dude.

Kinda similar to y'all's tolerance for differences right?

The mistake UNTstormchaser has made is he actually thinks Houston is good when they are not. Its not what Houston did last year its what they have done this year. And they suck. Hell we played them better last year when they were a good team, what does that tell you?

• Upvote 2

And I am done. I love you all, and have loved my time on this site. I'll be back under a pseudonym at some point in the future, since I'm probably going to get %^&* banned for saying %^&* so many*&^% times, though none of you will know that it's me, so I don't even know why I'm bothering to give you that promise. I look forward to going down in history on this site as the fastest to leave this place, and I really look forward to being apart of the future that remembers UNTstormchaser as the drunken liberal atheist who called for peace, pissed everyone off by defending guys, and then left a curse-infested goodbye to all of you.

Go Mean %^&* Green.

I can't decide if I think the original paragraph, or this paragraph, is more entertaining. Great read, even the second time.

• Upvote 1