Cougar King's postgame thoughts

Cougar King

Dude, you have to re-register under a new screen name because you get kicked off sites. You and your little buddy started the trash talk on the cities to bait people in so you could call then names. You are the definition of a lot if things, one of them being an imbecile.

Get out of the basement and treat your acne problem

Dude, you have to re-register under a new screen name because you get kicked off sites. You and your little buddy started the trash talk on the cities to bait people in so you could call then names. You are the definition of a lot if things, one of them being an imbecile.

Get out of the basement and treat your acne problem

Would you like to see KRAM's comment about Houston, "buddy"?

Pull the stick out of your ass and grow up. I was ripping on the UH fans poor attendance. But ripping on Houston is just childish unless you want UNT to remain a regional school as a massive proportion of Houstonians attend UNT.

Edited by meangreener
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I certainly admire what UH has done football wise in recent years, especially after all the really poor showings they had for almost all of the 90's, and really didn't do much in the 2000's till Briles 3rd year in 2005. So, hey, they hung in there for some tough times. And I'm sure most Houston fans who have any sense of history appreciate that North Texas helped them get started in football back in 1946 by helping extend an invitation to the Lone Star Conference. And I appreciate that, at this point, Houston and North Texas have an even won-loss record. Those fans from Houston I saw at the Apogee opener seemed nice enough to me.

So, what's this thread about, other than belated smack talk from some trash talking entity who self identifies as "Cougar King"? Perhaps that is someone who never played a down of football or did anything of note, but wishes to live vicariously by trolling opponent message boards and insulting fans of a school that has, off the field, been rather kind to the school he proclaims to speak for. Maybe that one person is just someone to be ignored (until they show up here with another name at another time). Perhaps, if or when that happens, said individual will have grown from the education they claim to be getting and have something thoughtful to say.

More than one discussion can happen at the same time, man. It's not that hard. Yeah, UNT got beat. I never predicted otherwise, and don't see how anyone could have done so, to be honest. I'm having internet back and forth with another UNT fan (meangreener/rjmunthe) who claimed Houston > Dallas as a sports town. That's all. I know, though... the internet is HARD!

Sure you can, there is a different forum for non-football posts. Maybe you should go and talk about which city is better there to your heart's content, and keep it off a football thread in the FOOTBALL forum. Yeah it sure is hard for some people who don't know how to follow the rules.

Would you like to see KRAM's comment about Houston, "buddy"?

Pull the stick out of your ass and grow up. I was ripping on the UH fans poor attendance. But ripping on Houston is just childish unless you want UNT to remain a regional school as a massive proportion of Houstonians attend UNT.

Buddy, you roll on here claiming this full of SMU talk, GB bashing and 50 shades of green, but you are the one repeatedly bringing these things up. Also, weren't you the one stating that FW-North was a bunch of racist full if Botox?

• Upvote 1

Sure you can, there is a different forum for non-football posts. Maybe you should go and talk about which city is better there to your heart's content, and keep it off a football thread in the FOOTBALL forum. Yeah it sure is hard for some people who don't know how to follow the rules.

Right, because every thread on the football board always stays completely on topic and never tangentially breaks off even a little. By your standard, you've just violated your own rule. See? The spirit of the law, not the letter..... Complain to the people who started the whole side debate.. I jumped on the train late, responding to RJMunthe who responded, I think, to someone else (which is okay.. it's a spare message board thread).

Also, see Lifer's post right above mine. Explains a lot of the hijack background.

Edited by CaribbeanGreen
  • Upvote 1

Buddy, you roll on here claiming this full of SMU talk, GB bashing and 50 shades of green, but you are the one repeatedly bringing these things up. Also, weren't you the one stating that FW-North was a bunch of racist full if Botox?

I only shoot back about my dislike of Ft. Worth once people with complexes rag on Houston.

• Upvote 1

I love how the two UH pricks gloat on their win, bring up DFW being elitist and racist and then blame us for defending where we live. I've lived in both and they both have positives and negatives, Houston has its share of d-bags, evidence would be Cougar King (his own fans disown him) and meangreener, as does Dallas.

You two morons spout your "facts," we disprove them and then you move on to something else. First it was how hostile "The Rob" is with it being one of the toughest places to play anywhere. Then it was all of the 5 and 4 star kids lined up to play there, roughly 8 four stars and zero five stars in the last ten years, Tier 1 status that you haven't been granted, etc... Should I go on? Take your weak smack and move along.

Sadly, or thankfully, I know a lot of UH alums that are great people. I now know why they don't want you posting on their site. You are an embarrassment to yourself and Houston.

Scout and ESPN say otherwise. We have National Research funding and have been awarded Tier-One status plus our endowment dwarfs UNT's. However, there is no need to go into that discussion.

44-21 is the only thing I really need to say.

• Downvote 1

I seriously question myself as to why I returned to D/FW. Arrogance here is just ridiculous.

Houstonites are pretty arrogant too. I happened to catch one of the Mavs finals games at a Buffalo Wild Wings the year they won. Virtually the entire place was anti Dallas.

Right, because every thread on the football board always stays completely on topic and never tangentially breaks off even a little. By your standard, you've just violated your own rule. See? The spirit of the law, not the letter..... Complain to the people who started the whole side debate.. I jumped on the train late, responding to RJMunthe who responded, I think, to someone else (which is okay.. it's a spare message board thread).

Also, see Lifer's post right above mine. Explains a lot of the hijack background.

Its the jobs of the moderators to take care of it. Banter happens but this has completely taken over and derailed this thread, it should all be moved. Tell you what, lets see what Harry says and go with his rules.

@Harry What do you say about this?

Its the jobs of the moderators to take care of it. Banter happens but this has completely taken over and derailed this thread, it should all be moved. Tell you what, lets see what Harry says and go with his rules.

@Harry What do you say about this?

The thread is "CougarKing's Postgame Thoughts". If there's ever a thread that can't be derailed, this is the one.

I guess I'm just not getting this whole defending one's home town thing. I actually had to view getting drafted into the Army when I did as one way of getting out of Wichita Falls. And I certainly viewed using my VA benefits to attend college in Denton as a good way of staying out of Wichita Falls.

Heck, I don't even think Lubbock holds it against Mac Davis that he wrote "Happiness is Lubbock, Texas in a Rear View Mirror", but maybe they just didn't get the lyrics. And, don't get me wrong, I love me some folks in Wichita Falls, especially my family. Still, I can completely understand why almost nobody in my family is willing to drive to this DFW area to visit me; the whole place is overwhelming to them.

If we look at things honestly, pretty much every city or town in the country has some things to admire and some things it's residents would like to forget. My original home town of Petrolia is a place whose people I just love, but a place to which I could never return to live. I think one good thing to remember is that people don't usually like to hear negative comments about their "family" from those outside it, no matter how critical members of said "family" are to each other.