Great Crowd Tonight

FirefightnRick

If we are looking for bright spots the fan support has been good this year. If we could even field a decent CUSA team in the cominig years I think we will be impressed by our fan support. The rest of the season will see low attendance but that is ok. Our fans have not seen winning football in almost a decade, I don't blame people for not showing up. But, they prove time and again they are out there and they want something to cheer about. Build just a decent football team and the fans will be there.

People will come Ray, people will most definitely come.

Edited by HoustonEagle
  • Upvote 2

Road games are awesome 'cause you get the most passionate fans. Everyone sang the fight song. We were even loud for the National Anthem. Sat low near the band. The band director is a funny guy. Cracked me up with several comments.

You have a point...but do you mean to say that the fans who live in Houston and any other "away city" and show up for the one game in their area are more passionate than the ones who buy season tickets and attend home games because they cannot for whatever reason travel? Interesting perspective you have, but will say that you have to love the way UNT's traveling fan base is growing. I think UNT's CUSA affiliation will see many others travel to away games as the travel "do-able" for many more fans...as a general rule than with Sunbelt cities.

Thanks to all the great fans who traveled to Houston to support the Mean Green. Well done and thank you!

• Upvote 1

Excellent crowd on the road Saturday! This was a great showing and hopefully an example of what we can expect in C-USA at La Tech, Rice, Tulsa, and UTEP.

Bias here, but I'm really excited to share a conference with UTEP. They have a tremendous alumni base in DFW and could really add to a Denton game day atmosphere.

I brought my family and two friends to the game. My wife and girls were entertained by the band. The director is actually pretty funny with his comments during the game. I can tell you that the sprit was high considering we were getting drilled by their offense. At least we had some exciting plays and until midway through the 3rd it looked like we had some kind of chance. That drive right ater the half gave me some hope. I am in agreeement with some here on why we stoped running around the end since they had the box stacked.

Their stadium was is not much better than fouts. Concessins were a joke. That area of campus feels like a concrete city to me. Sure they will get something nice for the new design. North Texas is a much nicer campus.

• Upvote 3

Road games are awesome 'cause you get the most passionate fans. Everyone sang the fight song. We were even loud for the National Anthem. Sat low near the band. The band director is a funny guy. Cracked me up with several comments.

My favorite was when he would say (in a very matter of fact tone...as if he were ordering food at a fast food restaurant) "I think I'd like a touchdown now". I almost stood up one time and said "would you like fries with that order?".......... B)