Buc-ee's...

UNTLifer

Screw their bathrooms. The rest stops off Interstate 45 have play grounds, ponds, air conditioning, art instillation, interactive education, hiking trails, and they're cleaner than your mom's house.... and there's an identical instillation on both sides of the road! Since when did the roadside rest stops in Texas become miniature travel resorts?

• Upvote 2

Screw their bathrooms. The rest stops off Interstate 45 have play grounds, ponds, air conditioning, art instillation, interactive education, hiking trails, and they're cleaner than your mom's house.... and there's an identical instillation on both sides of the road! Since when did the roadside rest stops in Texas become miniature travel resorts?

Oh, just in the past few years. The ones north of Fairfield just opened last year. The best one is the one between Madisonville & Huntsville on the southbound side, which has the pond.

The interactive education leaves a bit to be desired - usually the screen is displaying a boot-up error!

You beat me to it P1. All over the state the rest stops have been dramatically improved. The one at the La. border on I20 is huge. It has a complete library of tourist pamphlets from all over the state.

Not too long ago they were just a couple of levels above port o potties.

Edited by cwb

You beat me to it P1. All over the state the rest stops have been dramatically improved. The one at the La. border on I20 is huge. It has a complete library of tourist pamphlets from all over the state.

Not too long ago they were just a couple of levels above port o potties.

That's what i remember... with the vending machines trapped behind bars like they'd killed someone.

Would rather avoid the crowds, so I just pee on the side of the road.

If you do this, you open yourself up to Publc Lewdness charges. If a police officer sees you.
  • Downvote 1

Buc-ee's has nice bathrooms....

But Woody's Smokehouse in Centerville has better jerky and pretty good BBQ sandwiches.

Yup, that's it.

I don't dislike Buc-ee's but I'm not in love with it either. It's absolutely packed unless you stop late at night, and even then, it's still busy. Their jerky isn't bad but it tastes like it's spent time in the freezer. The jerky at Woody's just tastes like good jerky. For those who are so inclined, Woody's even sells head cheese. I won't touch it, but my son tried some once and thought it was interesting.