Where do we rank in the state?

agw0038

I have to ask... What has smu done to put themselves in the top programs in the state conversation? If history even recent history means anything then they should be on the also ran list shouldn't they?

There's a lot of talent over there. Size, shooting... Not sure who plays point for them this year (not paying that close attention), but every other spot on the floor I know is solid. They aren't quite as deep as us, and the top line talent doesn't match up anywhere near Tony... But I think they are going to be a top 2-4 team in CUSA this year. Even with the transition out of a Princeton offense (I assume...) potentially causing some early issues.

As much as we joke about Larry Brown being the cryptkeeper... Adding him and Jankovich in place of Doherty was a tremendous upgrade.

There's a lot of talent over there. Size, shooting... Not sure who plays point for them this year (not paying that close attention), but every other spot on the floor I know is solid. They aren't quite as deep as us, and the top line talent doesn't match up anywhere near Tony... But I think they are going to be a top 2-4 team in CUSA this year. Even with the transition out of a Princeton offense (I assume...) potentially causing some early issues.

As much as we joke about Larry Brown being the cryptkeeper... Adding him and Jankovich in place of Doherty was a tremendous upgrade.

They have a few talented players, but they only have three players 6'7" or taller. They were maybe the worst rebounding team in the country last year (some can be blamed on the princeton offense). We would beat the shit out of them, bad. If we think we would lose to those scrubs with our most talented team ever, then we should just give up athletics.

Meaning... Eligibility, or talent?

I'm sorry Tasty! I don't think he is a player at all. (expecially at the major college level) He has not played in the past 2 years (transfer issues) and may not get that opportunity at Prime Prep this season. Has the potential to be the bust of this recruiting period. Kid has never impressed me and his rankng is based on potential. Tall slender kid that looks good on the floor but will disapoint. Truthfully, I would have been disappointed if Benford signed him.

• Upvote 1

I'm sorry Tasty! I don't think he is a player at all. (expecially at the major college level) He has not played in the past 2 years (transfer issues) and may not get that opportunity at Prime Prep this season. Has the potential to be the bust of this recruiting period. Kid has never impressed me and his rankng is based on potential. Tall slender kid that looks good on the floor but will disapoint. Truthfully, I would have been disappointed if Benford signed him.

Thanks, Cooley. I figured that's what you meant. But, with the constant transfers... Could have been either.

If anything comes of this, and Kabongo is ruled ineligible, I believe I would bump us up a step...

http://sports.yahoo....174--ncaab.html

Even without him, Texas is notably better than us this year.

They have a Greek guy named Ioannis. http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/61713/ioannis-papapetrou