Weird UNT vs. SEC trend

JesseMartin

In 2007, we lost to LSU and they won the national championship. Last year, we lost to Alabama and they took home the trophy. I know there are 3 years unaccounted for in between, but if LSU were to end up as this year's #1 (unlikely though it may seem at the moment), 50% over 6 years is definitely a weird trend.

In 2007, we lost to LSU and they won the national championship. Last year, we lost to Alabama and they took home the trophy. I know there are 3 years unaccounted for in between, but if LSU were to end up as this year's #1 (unlikely though it may seem at the moment), 50% over 6 years is definitely a weird trend.

Maybe one of the presidential candidates can work this in during the next debate.
  • Upvote 2

in looking at the game notes and offensive stats for both teams, the stats are eerily similar, aside from Piland throwing for 1401 vs DT 983. But then again we didn't get to play 4 cupcakes.

La Tech and UCLA aren't cupcakes plus we make enough money so we don't have to have to play body bag games and most BCS teams won't play us anyway in fear of losing. Piland broke an NCAA record by throwing 77 passes without an interception in one game. Thompson can't even break a school record. (Considering that it's UNT, that isn't saying much.)

La Tech and UCLA aren't cupcakes plus we make enough money so we don't have to have to play body bag games and most BCS teams won't play us anyway in fear of losing. Piland broke an NCAA record by throwing 77 passes without an interception in one game. Thompson can't even break a school record. (Considering that it's UNT, that isn't saying much.)

You're right... LSU and KSTATE = Tulane and UCLA. My bad. No one here claims DT is the best QB of all time nor does anyone really think he's a top SunBelt Performer, but despite that... The offensive output by the two teams is just about the same despite you having the next (as you make it sound,) "Hiseman" winning QB. Do I think we'll win, no clue. Do I think we have what it takes? Certainly. Our defense has been playing stout enough for me to beleive that they give us a chance. It all depend on which two teams decide to show up. You really can't believe the yellow journalism H-Town has been feeding you. Hell I don't think the Writers believe what their selling. I just don't think UH is a good as YOU believe them to be. But that's why the games are played. I wish I had enough time on my hands to troll other forums. Good luck with... Your bottom.

Edited by filmerj
  • Upvote 2

You're right... LSU and KSTATE = Tulane and UCLA. My bad. No one here claims DT is the best QB of all time nor does anyone really think he's a top SunBelt Performer, but despite that... The offensive output by the two teams is just about the same despite you having the next (as you make it sound,) "Hiseman" winning QB. Do I think we'll win, no clue. Do I think we have what it takes? Certainly. Our defense has been playing stout enough for me to beleive that they give us a chance. It all depend on which two teams decide to show up. You really can't believe the yellow journalism H-Town has been feeding you. Hell I don't think the Writers believe what their selling. I just don't think UH is a good as YOU believe them to be. But that's why the games are played. I wish I had enough time on my hands to troll other forums. Good luck with... Your bottom.

Nobody said Piland was the next Heisman great to come out of UH. However, he would easily start over all of the quarterbacks on UNT's roster. You can call it Yellow Journalism, we call it a city backing their team. I know it's something that UNT wouldn't know anything about, but I'll cut you guys some slack.Though I do agree, everything will be settled on the field. I'll still be here win or lose.

Nobody said Piland was the next Heisman great to come out of UH. However, he would easily start over all of the quarterbacks on UNT's roster. You can call it Yellow Journalism, we call it a city backing their team. I know it's something that UNT wouldn't know anything about, but I'll cut you guys some slack.Though I do agree, everything will be settled on the field. I'll still be here win or lose.

Oh good, can't wait.

Edited by filmerj

Aren't you still in school? For God's sake go get a beer and attempt to get a girl on a Friday night. Seriously, I am not kidding.

Why is a cougar high fan on this site anyway? Every time I read him call their POS stadium, "The Rob" I laugh to myself. Beat Houston and shut this t shirt fan up.

How am I a t-shirt fan if I go go there? Strong NTSU logic.

And at least we have t-shirt fans, seeing locals support the local school instead of Whorn or Aggy is something NTSU wouldn't know anything about. Especially when their own Academy and Mall hardly sells any UNT merchandise.

Edited by Cougar King

What a joke. Obviously never been to Denton.

I used to go to UNT you moron. I went to Fry Street, Rockin Rodeo R-Bar when it was still opened, I ate at Kat'z, got 50 cent wings on Fridays at Central Grill, got stomachaches at Pancho's, walked to Dollar General from Maple Hall. And so on and so forth.

Edited by Cougar King
  • Downvote 1