Apogee v Fouts

H-towngreen

Let me go ahead and list all of your excuses for low attendance; Not winning, competing with the Rangers, Cowboys, Mavs, TCU, SMU, too many things to do in DFW, do I need to continue? I honestly don't think you guys would want me to, since UH is also in a pro sports city filled with many other things to do, yet we still sell out our stadium.

Says who ?

Astros, Texans, Rockets

The defense rests.

Yeah, I wouldn't go jumping on how awesome of a Pro Sports town you all are. The Rockets made some interesting acquisitions over the summer, but even their GM admitted he wasn't fully confident in them in a Reddit AMA last week. So I reject your argument there.

Culturally, you all are abysmal. I will again concede to the existence of Rothko Chapel and opera - yeah, your opera is decent - but otherwise, absolutely abysmal.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Whatever, the Rangers are going to choke again for the 3rd year in a row. (IF they make it back to the World Series)

Dude, do you actually read what you write? The Rangers made it to the World Series 2 years in a row & have a shot (albeit not great) at a 3rd appearance, and you're dissing that?

Good grief....

Dude, do you actually read what you write? The Rangers made it to the World Series 2 years in a row & have a shot (albeit not great) at a 3rd appearance, and you're dissing that?

Good grief....

You need to read what I wrote. I said the Rangers are going to choke again. They choked back to back world series and IF they make it back there again this year, they will choke again.

Typical NTSU fan.

• Downvote 4

Yeah, I wouldn't go jumping on how awesome of a Pro Sports town you all are. The Rockets made some interesting acquisitions over the summer, but even their GM admitted he wasn't fully confident in them in a Reddit AMA last week. So I reject your argument there.

Culturally, you all are abysmal. I will again concede to the existence of Rothko Chapel and opera - yeah, your opera is decent - but otherwise, absolutely abysmal.

D/FW has less culture than Houston has in its pinky toe. D/FW has such small prick syndrome it's not even funny. I love Denton, but as I soon as I graduate, I'm either staying and getting a job in Denton or going back to the best town in Texas.

Edited by meangreener

You need to read what I wrote. I said the Rangers are going to choke again. They choked back to back world series and IF they make it back there again this year, they will choke again.

Typical NTSU fan.

You're trying to emphasize the choking, but dismissing the fact that the team made it to the World Series 2 years in a row.

This smack is not going to go anywhere. Try again.

Whatever, the Rangers are going to choke again for the 3rd year in a row. (IF they make it back to the World Series)

Criticizing a team for potentially making the World Series three years in a row. You're good, yes, you are good.

26-you-youre-good.jpg

Before the stadium opened, advertisements about season tickets flooded the campus, TV stations and billboards along the campus.

If all of the TV stations along the campus were flooded, why aren't we averaging 30K plus through all of our home dates? The writer is correct...Apogee = epic fail.

That is a well constructed sentence boys and girls, take a moment to appreciate its beauty.

Before the stadium opened, advertisements about season tickets flooded the campus, TV stations and billboards along the campus.

If all of the TV stations along the campus were flooded, why aren't we averaging 30K plus through all of our home dates? The writer is correct...Apogee = epic fail.

That is a well constructed sentence boys and girls, take a moment to appreciate its beauty.

Whoever gave me the -1 took me a liiiiitle too seriously.

You're trying to emphasize the choking, but dismissing the fact that the team made it to the World Series 2 years in a row.

This smack is not going to go anywhere. Try again.

Criticizing a team for potentially making the World Series three years in a row. You're good, yes, you are good.

26-you-youre-good.jpg

Of course, I forgot that just making the championship game instead of winning it all is good enough for NTSU. This is why you guys will always have a losers mentality.

Of course, I forgot that just making the championship game instead of winning it all is good enough for NTSU. This is why you guys will always have a losers mentality.

U of North Texas grad Dr. Phil might say you are either trying to drum up more ticket sales with such lagniape and tommyrot or you have an extreme inferiority complex as you continually use negative phrases aimed at our elect which actually describe yourself. :bling:

Nevertheless...

BEAT THE HELL OUT OF THOSE....

HOUSTON COUGARS ! ! !

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

D/FW has less culture than Houston has in its pinky toe. D/FW has such small prick syndrome it's not even funny. I love Denton, but as I soon as I graduate, I'm either staying and getting a job in Denton or going back to the best town in Texas.

Houston is the F'n armpit of Texas. No city I would rather never see again in this great state, and that includes Odessa.

As for your comments about the metroplex, you need to seperated Fort Worth and Dallas.

The 2 cities are polar opposites of each other.

• Upvote 1

Houston is the F'n armpit of Texas. No city I would rather never see again in this great state, and that includes Odessa.

As for your comments about the metroplex, you need to seperated Fort Worth and Dallas.

The 2 cities are polar opposites of each other.

Hahahaha, hilarious. People who live in the Metroplex just love to rip on Houston to make themselves feel better...fact remains, outside of the Cowboys and the TV show "Dallas", the Metroplex really has NOTHING on Houston...whatsoever...

http://www.forbes.co...cities-to-live/

http://www.har.com/h...ost.cfm?id=8465

http://www.har.com/h...ost.cfm?id=8465

http://fpsf.com/

http://politicaltick...irst-gay-mayor/

http://www.chron.com...-in-1685587.php

Not to mention it is cooler, has less of a winter, has a real NFL football stadium, the Eighth Wonder of the World, the better baseball team (two years of superiority for the Rangers, cool, we only have 40), a better basketball team, a better downtown, lower crime rates, higher income, better GDP, cheaper housing, best food in the country, better traffic than DFW. I can keep going. I love how people here insist on putting Houston down...that's how jealously works. Funny, funny. Not to mention Dallas has the ugliest skyline ever and the worst freeway setup ever. If you want to nitpick, we have a better respected newspaper, best economy in the country, more internationalism than DFW, and we're not all a bunch of snobby racist bigots like the entire population of the Fort Worth suburbs. 7 million people come from all over the world to go to our museums. We have a beach, too. Space City. In fact, what don't we have? Dallas has inferior food, weather, teams (excluding the Cowboys), just about everything, really. The fact that people keep moving here in droves is proof enough. Not to mention Dallas is the reason we have to deal with SMoo.

Dallas has such a hilarious inferiority complex.

Edited by meangreener

Adding on to this, you guys say we wouldn't sell out our stadium with a losing season. Yet, I mentioned 2010 where we went 5-7 with Piland starting and STILL sold out our stadium averaging 31k. UNT can't talk smack about anybody's attendance when they can't even bring 25k to a game. I remember sitting in the stands and the students around me getting updates on the Whorns game as opposed to watching their own school play.

Let me go ahead and list all of your excuses for low attendance; Not winning, competing with the Rangers, Cowboys, Mavs, TCU, SMU, too many things to do in DFW, do I need to continue? I honestly don't think you guys would want me to, since UH is also in a pro sports city filled with many other things to do, yet we still sell out our stadium.

This is what happens when you name a thread after a college football D-bag fan. He will hang around forever.

Dude didn't know (and didn't bother to find out) what the attendance numbers were for his own damn school.

Hey, Queen, did you know that y'all only averaged 8k in 1997? I'm sure you will point to 2 of the last 3 years when UH has been a blip on the college football radar of relevancy while never even getting that the 8k is completely made up.

Welcome to the world of College D-Bag football fan. But, you are like the worst of the D-Bag college fans, because you are the one and only D-Bag UH fan. Now that takes stupidity.

I'm sure you were probably rooting for UT in that long ago home game.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

But I apologize for derailing. Everyone has to slam Houston up here. LOL. Move on.

That's because it sucks. You can keep your bathwater climate, I'll take the west side of the metroplex any day of the week. The fact that you don't know there is a difference between Dallas and Fort Worth invalidates your opinion.

Get back to me in 10 years when you are still here, like about 90% of the Houstonites who come here for college.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

That's because it sucks. You can keep your bathwater climate, I'll take the west side of the metroplex any day of the week. The fact that you don't know there is a difference between Dallas and Fort Worth invalidates your opinion.

Get back to me in 10 years when you are still here, like about 90% of the Houstonites who come here for college.

Have fun with your racist, bigoted douchebag suburbanites. There pretty much isn't, they're both the metroplex.

That's why there are so many Cowboy and Ranger fans in Houston and so many Astros and Texans fans in DFW right? LOL. Everyone from Dallas/Ft. Worth GTFOs out of this area ASAP. I wouldn't mind staying in Denton, though. If your dislike of Houston stems from the climate, well, your loss.

• Downvote 4

This is what happens when you name a thread after a college football D-bag fan. He will hang around forever.

Dude didn't know (and didn't bother to find out) what the attendance numbers were for his own damn school.

Hey, Queen, did you know that y'all only averaged 8k in 1997? I'm sure you will point to 2 of the last 3 years when UH has been a blip on the college football radar of relevancy while never even getting that the 8k is completely made up.

Welcome to the world of College D-Bag football fan. But, you are like the worst of the D-Bag college fans, because you are the one and only D-Bag UH fan. Now that takes stupidity.

I'm sure you were probably rooting for UT in that long ago home game.

You're just jealous that you're too irrelevant to have a thread named after you.

I was talking about my time at UNT when other UNT students were rooting for the Whorns. That "long ago home game" was barely 2 years ago at Fouts. I have mentioned UH's piss poor attendance from the 90s and early 2000s. HOWEVER, unlike you guys, we don't live in the past. We got off our asses and did something about it.

Here's the typical GMG poster in a nutshell:

"I remember when we beat Texas Tech...in 1968."

"SMU caused 9/11, The Great Depression, Hurricane Katrina, and they denied us from the SWC 30 years ago."

"Lance Dunbar wasn't drafted #1 overall? It's an SMU conspiracy!!!1111"

"UTSA is sooo below us, even though they have better support than we do."

"What? Our quarterback is wearing his hat backwards?! I'm writing a formal complaint to the AD, I am so embarrassed to be a UNT alumnus."

"Our Greeks brought couches to tailgate! I am writing an article about it. I would rather have a stadium with 5k classy fans than have a sold out stadium filled with "classless" students!"

"Our students put M'fn in the Fight Song! I am putting my degree away and I am writing an article complaining about it!"

Did I cover everything?

• Downvote 1

You're just jealous that you're too irrelevant to have a thread named after you.

I was talking about my time at UNT when other UNT students were rooting for the Whorns. That "long ago home game" was barely 2 years ago at Fouts. I have mentioned UH's piss poor attendance from the 90s and early 2000s. HOWEVER, unlike you guys, we don't live in the past. We got off our asses and did something about it.

"SMU caused 9/11, The Great Depression, Hurricane Katrina, and they denied us from the SWC 30 years ago."

"What? Our quarterback is wearing his hat backwards?! I'm writing a formal complaint to the AD, I am so embarrassed to be a UNT alumnus."

"Our Greeks brought couches to tailgate! I am writing an article about it. I would rather have a stadium with 5k classy fans than have a sold out stadium filled with "classless" students!"

"Our students put M'fn in the Fight Song! I am putting my degree away and I am writing an article complaining about it!"

Did I cover everything?

D-Bag college football fan.

Went to UNT, rooted for Houston while attending UNT.

Tells me everything to need to know.

You are probably just waiting to get into UT so you can upgrade from UH, D-Bag college football fan.

Did I mention you are a D-Bag college football fan?

Edited by UNT90

Did I cover everything?

You're such a moron. You failed out, it's okay. I considered UH, but I prefer real schools where you won't get mugged between classes.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Did I cover everything?

UH was irrelevant in Houston 2 years ago, anyway. I was stunned to see UH gear in Academy, like we do here, because there used to be none.

I wish I could move to Ft. Worth. Besides getting rid of my horrendous daily commute, I've grown quite fond of Cowtown.

Working 8-5 and living north, having to come down I35W from the north is a Cougar King... I mean bi+(#.

But the town of the cow is worth it.

Edited by UNT90

D-Bag college football fan.

Went to UNT, rooted for Houston while attending UNT.

Tells me everything to need to know.

You are probably just waiting to get into UT so you can upgrade from UH, college football D-Bag fan.

Did I mention you are a D-Bag college football fan?

If I wanted to go to UT, I would've transferred there instead of UH.

UH was irrelevant in Houston 2 years ago, anyway. I was stunned to see UH gear in Academy, like we do here, because there used to be none.

2 years ago, UH sold out every game. Nice try though.

Also, UH gear is all over Houston because Houston supports their university. I remember going to stores up in Denton and not being able to find UNT gear, yet I could find everybody else's.