Billy Gillispie Resigns from Texas Tech

H-towngreen

This is what I worried about with Benford as the hire. If he does well, Tech will buy him. If he doesn't, then we will be wasting a great team. My guess is the former, not the latter. Tech will have loads of cash to pay, as compared to us. But, just we said about T-Mitch, lets just enjoy the season ahead and see where we go from there. But, just as I thought when we hired Benford, it will just be a matter of time before he ends up in Lubbock again, assuming that he has success here. I liked Fraschilla myself to avoid this possible situation occurring, but Benford may end up loving it here and thinking that CUSA would provide a much better outlet for coaching success for the long-term than coaching at his alma mater in the Big XII. I doubt it, but we'll see after this season.

This is what I worried about with Benford as the hire. If he does well, Tech will buy him. If he doesn't, then we will be wasting a great team. My guess is the former, not the latter. Tech will have loads of cash to pay, as compared to us. But, just we said about T-Mitch, lets just enjoy the season ahead and see where we go from there. But, just as I thought when we hired Benford, it will just be a matter of time before he ends up in Lubbock again, assuming that he has success here. I liked Fraschilla myself to avoid this possible situation occurring, but Benford may end up loving it here and thinking that CUSA would provide a much better outlet for coaching success for the long-term than coaching at his alma mater in the Big XII. I doubt it, but we'll see after this season.

Obviously coach Benford should feel great about his coaching abilities. If he does, he will believe he can coach anywhere.

But, if Memphis over the past few years has proven anything, it's that Conference-USA is a place where dominant teams can play.