Billy Gillispie Resigns from Texas Tech

H-towngreen

There is no doubt in my mind that Tech will contact Tony, but I think he is level headed enough to know that it would be a bad career move.

LOL. Take off the Mean Green tinted glasses.

Benford has no loyalty to UNT, and Tech could throw WAY more money at him, plus he would be coaching in the Big 12... let alone Tech being his Alma Mater.

I highly doubt he leaves now (because he is coaching Tony Mitchell this year), but if the coach Evan's portion of NT03's article comes to fruition, this hurts us badly. Then, after this season with Mitchell, Benford will be primed to leave for a huge payday, and I'm sure coach Evans would be more than willing to step aside and let his protege take over.

Let's hope they're talking to Doc Sadler. He's an accomplished coach who would be a guy that they would need to sign long-term for lots of money.

• Upvote 1

Billy may have coached his last rodeo after this.....sad.

Benford stays at UNT...UNT gave him his shot and he has a great team to build with and a great situation here at UNT...brand new practice facility in the making as well. Big mistake to even think about going to the "wasteland" that is, at the moment, Texas Tech basketball. Just my opinion.....

• Upvote 1

Tech's AD is a mess right now. Not a good place to be at the moment, IMO.

It's more than a mess. It's a disaster. I do think if Benford does well this year and especially if he gets the Mean Green back into NCAAs, he will be at the top of Tech's list considering he's a former player.

Gotcher was injured early on last year.