UNT Nice start against K-State

CMJ

I think not going for it on a couple of 4th and 1s when the oline was physically dominating up from deflated the team. Those could be momentum shifters.

Yeah, haven't we noticed all those other teams going for it against us on 4th and converting. Now WE have a stout O line, coaches, in case you haven't noticed.

• Upvote 1

Thompson was 25 of 28 for 209 yards tonight. He had a very good night and I hope it continues into the Troy game.

Yeah, I think he's getting some rhythm going. I liked him passing to the running backs some, and Darnell Smith making a catch. We can't do it all with the running game. If we can pass as well as we did tonight, we can go over 500 this year, maybe win 7 or 8.

At least the final score turned out to be a better indication of the game. Special teams was bad, and every bounce/call went against us. Very pleased overall, a lot of positives. DT was great overall, Canales did a good job of getting chancellor the ball, o-line is mean, rbs were great and jimmerson looks special. Only downsides were special teams, Thompson not throwing the ball away a few times, some mishaps in coverage, and a few bad penalties. This thing is headed in the right direction. 2 years ago we lose that game 52-6.

Very ballsy going for two to make it a better sounding game, but a lack of such not going for it on 4th and less than a yard earlier in the game. Great effort by the guys, and without a couple of big plays (and big calls) we were at least their equals. Hope we are all going to get over the old day's inferiority complex after this one, because we've really got some good things going on. Nice job by DT by the way, and a STELLAR job overall by our D.

• Upvote 2

If it wasn't for Brock Berglund I'd have a lot of piss and vinegar about riddle. Not saying its necessarily his fault, but man that was bad. He's a good coach, doubt it was idea to kick to their returner after our first td. He can't kick, or punt, or block so. Special teams is usually a sign of depth which we won't have an advantage on against bigger programs, just the way it is.

Tough crowd. I like the 'no excuses' mentality but this opponent scored more than 50 points in each of the last 2 games, and one of those was Miami FL. Two weeks ago I said I was happy for NT to be at the same level as Virginia (where I went after graduating from NT). This week NT would beat the crap out of them. When I am pretty sure NT would dominate ACC teams, at this point I am really happy with that. Some of our forthcoming opponents have hung tough and even beaten SEC teams. It will be really interesting to see how we do against them. It won't be easy but there are a lot of encouraging signs.

Although we lost this game, our team continues to show heart, and we played K-State better then Miami did. After watching some of the other Sun Belt teams this weekend, I feel we can play with most of them. And as for Houston, they have to be concerned about this Mean Green team traveling to Robertson on Oct. 6th. The bowl situation should take care of itself.

Go Mean Green!!!

• Upvote 1