Shocked and saddened by the death of Ambassador Chris Stevens

A terrible tragedy has occurred with this heinous act at the Libyian consulate. Thoughts and prayers go out to the families of the four who were killed.

http://www.nationaljournal.com/nationalsecurity/u-s-ambassador-killed-in-libya-20120912

My question is, how in the hell did we only have a couple? of Marines/bodyguards in place in such a hostile environment? This could have easily been prevented. Now were sending 50 marines but it is too late. I hope we learn from this.

I hope we find who did this and they pay dearly.

I agree Harry. On top of this, they would be all over us if we were to kill one of their diplomats and drug their body through our streets. These are the same people that take up residence in their places of worship, because we would never bomb these places, yet they wouldn't think twice about murdering a non-Muslim or bombing a church, synagogue, etc... We've been tolerant long enough.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

OK genius, what do you want to do?

This is not a Bush/Obama Conservative/Liberal thing. As UNT 90 stated, we have stayed out of their business, and yet there are still many who hate us. We can do the whole UN thing and send out press releases all damn day. But it doesn't do jack. We should show more emotion. Something. It just appears to me, on more than one occasion, that we are going more and more towards an isolationist society, and it will backfire, as it has in the past.

That's all I'm saying on this. I'm not going to hijack this thread.

Edited by Rudy
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

If we don't have bombers in the air IMMEDIATELY to bomb Libya Obama should be impeached!!! If we don't exacerbate and make an international incident out of this we aren't showing our strength. If you don't threaten to kill them people won't take you seriously...I know, the world works like Call of Duty. Diplomacy is for suckas, just ask Biggie and Tupac.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

I don't know what we should be doing, but I do know what we should NOT be doing...

We should not be "condemning" the exercise of free speech of our citizens, even if it is offensive and stupid.

We should not be praising the efforts of the Libyan government when it appears they actually pointed out the ambassador's new "secure" location.

We should not have a President missing 57% of his daily intelligence briefings.

We should not be snubbing the only democracy in the Middle East, which lives under constant threat of nuclear attack from Iran.

We should not be neglecting security at our Middle East embassies.

But that's what this administration is doing.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 2

I agree Harry. On top of this, they would be all over us if we were to kill one of their diplomats and drug their body through our streets. These are the same people that take up residence in their places of worship, because we would never bomb these places, yet they wouldn't think twice about murdering a non-Muslim or bombing a church, synagogue, etc... We've been tolerant long enough.

These people? As Harry initially said it was just a stupid and heinous act by a few radical freaks.

• Upvote 6

These people? As Harry initially said it was just a stupid and heinous act by a few radical freaks.

No, reports now are saying it was a sustained terrorist act having much more to do with the 9/11 anniversary than any stupid movie trailer.

But, whatever people need to tell themselves to make themselves feel better, I guess.

Here is what the United States is doing.

http://news.yahoo.co...-001540810.html

I'm not going to Hijack this thread either.

If we don't have bombers in the air IMMEDIATELY to bomb Libya Obama should be impeached!!! If we don't exacerbate and make an international incident out of this we aren't showing our strength. If you don't threaten to kill them people won't take you seriously...I know, the world works like Call of Duty. Diplomacy is for suckas, just ask Biggie and Tupac.

Well, if you believe the president, then that would be troops on the ground in Lybia.

So I guess Emmitt's clearly sarcastic post is actually what the President Obama plans to do?

Or are his words just empty threats?

Edited by UNT90

No, reports now are saying it was a sustained terrorist act having much more to do with the 9/11 anniversary than any stupid movie trailer.

But, whatever people need to tell themselves to make themselves feel better, I guess.

Regardless of motive it was still ridiculous and sad. What did I say needing to make myself feel better?

Regardless of motive it was still ridiculous and sad. What did I say needing to make myself feel better?

What you will hear is this is just a small right wing Islamist group responsible for a sustained attack on a U.S. embassy. Nothing to see here, folks, just move along.

Many will accept that, because it makes them feel better about the situation.

The fact is that the people that we helped take power in Lybia hate our guts and did nothing to stop the sustained attack on the U.S. Embassy.

But no harsh words for that government from Pres. Obama. Nope.

Pres. Obama quote: "We will work with the Lybian government to bring these people to justice."

Really??

Edited by UNT90

What you will hear is this is just a small right wing Islamist group responsible for a sustained attack on a U.S. embassy. Nothing to see here, folks, just move along.

Many will accept that, because it makes them feel better about the situation.

The fact is that the people that we helped take power in Lybia hate our guts and did nothing to stop the sustained attack on the U.S. Embassy.

But no harsh words for that government from Pres. Obama. Nope.

I don't doubt the government doesn't have it's issues there. There should be harsh words for anybody that does these acts and the government should it be warranted. While I would take a harder stance than President Obama and just about any president all of this boils down to politics and there are also motives politicians take here. That is the sad reality regardless of democrat or republican.