Texas A&M at SMU not sold out?

Coach Bill Lewis

Nope...not at all...just not happy with the way they left the Conference and all the mess it caused. And, of course the fact that we will now not get to see the UT-A7M game each Thanksgiving. All because the Aggies are afraid of UT. Have all the respect in the world for the loyalty of Aggies and their fans...and think the fans and alums got the shaft in this deal...travel costs just went way up and they are probably going to get their rear ends handed to them the next couple of years pretty regularly. All because they couldn't stand the heat of big bad UT.

That and the fact that I'm a Big XII conference fan right after UNT of course!

It sure sounds that way to me. Why blame the Aggie when they say, "we are leaving if UT keeps this longhorn network", and they actually do it? They were only 1 of 3 teams that left and "caused all that mess". I think it's great that aggie actually did what they wanted. Aggie is going to make money in the SEC or the BIG12 or BFE conference.

I agree that it sucks we won't get to see that match-up anymore, but you can blame UT, NEB, COL as much as Aggie. Unless, by Big12 fan, you mean closet UT fan. Then, Texas is only portrayed as a guy trying to make money in a free market, and everyone else is a cry baby for leaving for a conference where member schools support each other.

Maybe the conference opponents don't make a difference for UT, but the other teams are proving that they don't need Texas to do what they did before.

Your points about aggie spending more in travel and losing are poor. Name any game last year that looked exactly like the Florida game and start replacing the opponent and the same thing happened. I also wouldn't call it getting their asses handed to them either. They proved they can compete with Florida, who is a middle of the road SEC team. In regards to the travel costs, are you serious? West Virginia doesn't seem close to the rest of the conference, and with prospects of the Big 12 adding Cincinnati and Louisville or Florida State, it won't get any better. Also the increase in shared TV revenue more than offset those costs, I'm sure.

It sounds as tho, it's the "fans of the Big12" who are really the ones boohooing.

Edited by MeanMag
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

Back on topic, If SMU can't fill tickets at $20 and they raise the $ proportionately to what the perceived demand is, then we can expect them to not sell out this game as well. I understand raising prices for more in demand game, but that is steep. I don't know comparable tickets to Big 12 games that go for that much at the point of origination unless its the red river shootout.

I saw tickets from SMU's website that list for $95.00 not on stub hub - from their ticket office.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

It sure sounds that way to me. Why blame the Aggie when they say, "we are leaving if UT keeps this longhorn network", and they actually do it? They were only 1 of 3 teams that left and "caused all that mess". I think it's great that aggie actually did what they wanted. Aggie is going to make money in the SEC or the BIG12 or BFE conference.

I agree that it sucks we won't get to see that match-up anymore, but you can blame UT, NEB, COL as much as Aggie. Unless, by Big12 fan, you mean closet UT fan. Then, Texas is only portrayed as a guy trying to make money in a free market, and everyone else is a cry baby for leaving for a conference where member schools support each other.

Maybe the conference opponents don't make a difference for UT, but the other teams are proving that they don't need Texas to do what they did before.

Your points about aggie spending more in travel and losing are poor. Name any game last year that looked exactly like the Florida game and start replacing the opponent and the same thing happened. I also wouldn't call it getting their asses handed to them either. They proved they can compete with Florida, who is a middle of the road SEC team. In regards to the travel costs, are you serious? West Virginia doesn't seem close to the rest of the conference, and with prospects of the Big 12 adding Cincinnati and Louisville or Florida State, it won't get any better. Also the increase in shared TV revenue more than offset those costs, I'm sure.

It sounds as tho, it's the "fans of the Big12" who are really the ones boohooing.

OH, good God, give it a rest Mr. Aggie. You must not have been around this board much as if you have you would know that I am also a graduate of OSU...thus a Big XII fan. The Aggies are afraid of UT and all that entails, but OSU, OU and the rest are staying to kick the crap out of UT...the Aggies gave up, started "boo hoo'ing" because they don't have the big boy pants to pull off their own network and left...that simple. Seems the rest...who could have left for the PAC 12, stayed and told UT to stuff it...OU just announced their own network deal (but not their own network like UT...granted). So, again...color it or excuse it any way you like...I have my opinion and it won't change...nor will your opinion I suspect. Fine with me. My opinion...worth about as much as your opinion, Emmitt';s or anyone else on the board. You are free to pull for the Aggies all you want....except of course when and if they are not too afraid to schedule the Mean Green!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 7

OH, good God, give it a rest Mr. Aggie. You must not have been around this board much as if you have you would know that I am also a graduate of OSU...thus a Big XII fan. The Aggies are afraid of UT and all that entails, but OSU, OU and the rest are staying to kick the crap out of UT...the Aggies gave up, started "boo hoo'ing" because they don't have the big boy pants to pull off their own network and left...that simple. Seems the rest...who could have left for the PAC 12, stayed and told UT to stuff it...OU just announced their own network deal (but not their own network like UT...granted). So, again...color it or excuse it any way you like...I have my opinion and it won't change...nor will your opinion I suspect. Fine with me. My opinion...worth about as much as your opinion, Emmitt';s or anyone else on the board. You are free to pull for the Aggies all you want....except of course when and if they are not too afraid to schedule the Mean Green!

Clearly they are scared of UT and would rather play cupcakes like LSU and Alabama in the SEC west. SEC west = strongest division in the strongest conference in the land.

Edited by Cr1028
  • Upvote 5

Clearly they are scared of UT and would rather play cupcakes like LSU and Alabama in the SEC west. SEC west = strongest division in the strongest conference in the land.

True. Trading OU and Texas for LSU and Bama isn't a step down.

The move was about money and prestige. They will be getting more of both in the SEC.

• Upvote 1

Boy, I was way off...

It's hard to believe but, I must admit, I sometimes don't read all of your opinions and material on this board. There's plenty of it evidently.

As for what it's worth: I received +1s for my post and yours received -1s. It seems, my opinion is worth more than yours as voted on by a body of our peers.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3