Great Interview w/ UNT's Tony Mitchell

NT03

Continue to be impressed by TM. Very happy to see him at football games and talking up UNT during that interview.

It would be huge for UNT to have an NBA lottery pick, and hopefully NBA star, coming back to the Pit for games and even coming to Apogee for football games.

After many predictions by naysayers that he would never make grades at UNT, all he does is go out and make the honor roll.

Class act that could be a great ambassador for a new generation of Mean Green fans.

• Upvote 6

You can hear the genuine PRIDE he has in playing (and just being a student) at North Texas, and you can tell he is ALL about TEAM. You know he's aware of his future prospects and how the nation perceives him, but he keeps his head on straight and doesn't put himself above the whole team.

I love how he corrected the interviewer, bringing up Kenny Lyons as the first ever draft pick out of UNT.

The Mean Green fans are behind you Tony! We know you guys have what it takes to make that deep run and shock the world. Get it!

• Upvote 5

Tip of the hat to his mom, he was raised right. I knew we'd be getting his talent on the floor but had no idea the ambassador he would be for our school and program. There's no way the guys around him aren't motivated when he's quoted as saying those things.

• Upvote 2

Perception is reality. If he hasn't heard of the school, it's because UNT is small.

Mean Green Basketball will raise awareness of our fine University this winter/spring.

It would be awesome if we shock the world at the NIT!

• Upvote 2

I'll tell you what he is right about, NT is not a basketball school.

Can someone find me a basketball program that is BCS? I haven't had TV in a few years, so I don't get the chance to see which basketball teams are allowed to play in a Bowl Championship Series.

:D :D

Unfortunately, schools in the Big 6 leagues are usually referred to as BCS - and all others are mid majors.

Perception is reality. If he hasn't heard of the school, it's because UNT is small.

Mean Green Basketball will raise awareness of our fine University this winter/spring.

Anything outside the big 5 conferences is a "small school" to that dude.

Struck me as a college BBall D-bag.

• Upvote 1

Tony is a great guy. We are lucky to have him represent this school.

If Emmitt wanted to arrest TM shortly after the season and keep him in jail for awhile so he couldn't declare for the NBA draft , I would have no problem with that

Otherwise I'm still trying to create a lil Tony Mitchell with DNA from a game used sock I got...

• Upvote 2

Are we sure he's the only guy from

NT that would have played in the NBA?

Needless to say we are lucky and happy to have TM. And it's still good exposure for the program regardless of the reporters misinformation. Here's a tip for the reporter: it's called research.

Edited by filmerj
  • Upvote 1