The Wizard speaketh on North Tejas

Harry

“They are an athletic team. I think Coach (Dan) McCarney, you guys are well aware of what he did at Iowa State, and they are a team that plays fast, plays tough and plays hard. They are not going to give you anything. It is going to be a battle. I know that it is only his second year there and they are still trying to develop a little bit, but they were able to go down to LSU and put up a fight. They are going to come in here and they are going to fight, and they are going to play hard, and that is kind of what we expect.”

On what he has seen from North Texas’ defense…

“They have a lot of guys that can run. Obviously, they are in a good spot down there in Dallas where a lot of athletes come out of, and I think they get a lot of good athletes. I know one of their defensive backs is a transfer from Oklahoma. They definitely have some speed, they have some size, and they have a pretty solid defensive line. They got talent across the board. They definitely have playmakers.”

On Dan McCarney’s coaching stop at Iowa State giving a look at conference play…

“I don’t think so. I used to coach with Dan over at the University of Iowa. I think that Dan is a tremendous coach, very talented, very bright. He knows that they are going to do what it is that best suits the young people that they have in their program. Not that we have not, but I don’t think that it is a great benefit to spend too much time invested in what took place at Iowa State or what took place when Dan was in Florida or any of the other coaches, which he has some very talented coaches on his staff. The defensive coordinator was with him at Iowa State. He has a couple of coaches on his staff that was here with us at Kansas State. You take all of that into consideration, but the bottom line is that they do what they do. If there is carry over, than yes, there is carry over, but they have made changes over the course of the years that may antiquate a little bit of what they were doing.”

Read more: http://www.wibw.com/sports/headlines/K-State-Football-Prepares-For-North-Texas-169389586.html?ref=586