Adopted Player TSU Review/KSU Prediction

UNTLifer

Derek Thompson: We all know Derek had a tough game against TSU, so I won't kick a dead horse. I expect a huge turn around against Kansas State with the passing game keeping KSU honest. They will obviously load up the box and dare Thompson to beat them through the air, and I believe DT will come through and force KSU to play us straight up.

Punter Will Atterberry #41: Will had Six Punts for a total of 267 yards, with an average of 44.5 yds. per Punt. His longest Punt was of 53 yards, and did have Three of his Six Punts downed inside the 20.

This week's Game in Manhattan will test the Green, and I do expect Will to get easily 8-10 Punts in the Game. After what KState did to 'The U' last week, I expect much of the same as what happened in the LSU Game. Just hope for no injuries. KState-45 NT-16

Well...for those who recall who my adopted "players" are...they all did great! No camera...but, trust me...they were wonderful.....each and every one...I do recall one special case in ... oh, never mind...you all understand! UNT co-eds on game day...GREATNESS!

• Upvote 1

Zach didn't have a spectacular game... only 4 assists on tackles, but he was all over the field and with the way the safeties were creeping up to help, and the d-line was containing running plays up the middle, he didn't have alot of opportunities for making plays.

I'll look for him to return to his normal statistical explosion this weekend at K-State as we are about to run into a run-heavy team. Akunne, Polk, Lee & Trice better be ready as well.

• Upvote 1

Jimmerson played well. He had 15 carries for 139 yards and a TD. Got caught from behind on a 39 yard run that could have been another touchdown had he not stepped in quicksand.

I think it was less Jimmerson slowing than it was their #5 running him down...#5 was legit...he had DTs pick (though I probably could've at least broken that one up) and was making plays all over the field.

My adopted player, Darnell Smith, made his first grab in a Mean Green uni, an out-route for 8.

Give me K. State 31 UNT 27...late TD breaks our hearts after playing a hell of a football game.

• Upvote 1

Lairamie Lee - 4 solo tackles; 1 assist; 1 interception

Chosen Defensive Player of the Week for the TSU game.

Has 16 total tackles for the two games and leads the team in tackles.

Also, congrats to my last year's adopted player - Mason Y'Barbo: 14 knockdowns at the line of scrimmage & chosen Offensive Player of the Week.

I am proud of both of you guys!

GMG

• Upvote 1

Tevinn Cantly, my adopted player, is doing well. He is still banged up but his motor was running Saturday night. I saw him come down the walk at the Mean Green March with his game face on and knew he would go. The "official" stats do not reflect what he accomplished. He was getting good penetration and stuffing up his lanes, forcing runners into other tacklers all night. I was proud to support him and hear Coach Mac give him props during the radio show. I hope he is close to 100% for KSU.

• Upvote 1

Zach didn't have a spectacular game... only 4 assists on tackles, but he was all over the field and with the way the safeties were creeping up to help, and the d-line was containing running plays up the middle, he didn't have alot of opportunities for making plays.

I'll look for him to return to his normal statistical explosion this weekend at K-State as we are about to run into a run-heavy team. Akunne, Polk, Lee & Trice better be ready as well.

Ahem. My Zach (Zach Olen) had a perfect night. He made every field goal and PAT attempted. He had a mix of touch backs and deep kicks on kickoff. With the new touchback rule, I'm not sure if touchbacks are good or not.

I predict more of the same against KState with a long field goal mixed in.

Edited by UNT 90 Grad
  • Upvote 1

Derrick Teagarden did not record any statistics but I believe I was driving behind him on campus. I know this because the license plate on the white ford said TGrden. Its an assumption but if not what are the odds. He most likely will not see much action next week either.

• Upvote 1

Ahem. My Zach (Zach Olen) had a perfect night. He made every field goal and PAT attempted. He had a mix of touch backs and deep kicks on kickoff. With the new touchback rule, I'm not sure if touchbacks are good or not.

I predict more of the same against KState with a long field goal mixed in.

With our history touchbacks are the perfect play!

Derrick Teagarden did not record any statistics but I believe I was driving behind him on campus. I know this because the license plate on the white ford said TGrden. Its an assumption but if not what are the odds. He most likely will not see much action next week either.

Wish he would get more touches. He was impressive to me late last year with his running ability.

Wish he would get more touches. He was impressive to me late last year with his running ability.

Same here. I'm not asking to take away all of Chancellor's or Delgado's targets but a few would be ok.

Jay Brown didn't have to hot of a game but did score his first ever TD .. Hope he plays well against Big XII competition

That was a sweet 30 yard run by J Brown at the end of the 3rd quarter!

I predict my adopted player Will Wright will be very active this Saturday: 8 tackles & a fumble recovery.