Why not us?

Sweet Dee

I've asked myself that same questions. Seems to be everybody else but UNT. Helps to have a franchise quarterback or guarterback to have a franchise game. Don't think we have had one of those in a ages. Heck, not only have we not won but the final score has never been respectable. I'd settle for a nail bitter to help with national attention.

Andrew Smith's performance comes to mind in the nationally televised New Orleans Bowl against Cinn. (though not a BCS caliber team)

We were only able to win 1 game outside of the new Sunbelt Conference during the so called glory years.

Scott Davis (Texas Tech) & Mitch Maher had some huge games but didn't get much help during some of the bigger games

Of course, we had Texas beat in the final seconds until the zebra's ruled aganist us. (instant replay would have sealed a Mean Green victory) If we don't do it this week, we'll have to go another year holding on to that Tennessee victory back in 1975 a while longer.

If the offense looks like they did yesterday, KSU is going to roll on us. We have to be able to pass the ball more effectively to beat them. Also, they way they handled Miami makes me wonder how good that team really is. The game is winnable, but we have some work to do if we are going to be able to take them.

• Upvote 4

It is not in our genetic makeup to upset people...it has been that was since the late 90's.

This!

It starts with talent/ability but it all comes down to attitude. Until coach McCarney came to town we haven't had a coach who's attitude, and every fiber of his being was, "I didn't come here to lose" since probably Corkey Nelson. How many coaches have we hired that were "just glad to be here and happy to have this opportunity that North Texas presented?" Or even worse, a coach that says "I hope that when Dr. B. looks up at the scoreboard at the end of the game tomorrow, she remembers how much money we are making off this game".

But lets not just hammer former coaches, because they are mainly a reflection of the group (and administration) that hired them. How many times do North Texas fans/alumni get hammered or laughed at when they say "well, I think we have a chance to beat so and so". And the people who are laughing at them are their peers!

Coach McCarney is changing the culture/attitude of the football team, but it's not his job to change the culture of the students/alumni here at North Texas.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Every game is winnable. I believe this as does our team. I agree, that the key to this win is to find a passing game this week and then we have to play mistake free. ...but I actually believe we have a chance because I believe Coach Mac when he said after the game that he wasn't "satisfied with how we played this game" and that he sort of gave George an earful when trying to find the bright side of the 41-14 loss the week before.

I LOVE Mac's attitude, and he'll lead a team into Manhattan this weekend who expects to win. GO MEAN GREEN!