Any good hotel deals in Houston?

Harry

For deals I would put on a bid through priceline. I've stayed in the Galleria area out there from 50-65 a night for a 4 star. But regardless of what your budget is that is probably the best way to go for bang for your buck since it is Houston and it has so many offerings and so much competition. Other than that Hotwire is usually a good place for me.

• Upvote 1

For deals I would put on a bid through priceline. I've stayed in the Galleria area out there from 50-65 a night for a 4 star. But regardless of what your budget is that is probably the best way to go for bang for your buck since it is Houston and it has so many offerings and so much competition. Other than that Hotwire is usually a good place for me.

Good stuff thanks!

The team hotel is

Looking to get either get one or two nights for the weekend of the Houston game. Anyone find any deals out there yet? How much does the team hotel cost and where is it?

GMG!

The team hotel is the Houston Marriott South at Hobby Airport, 9100 Gulf Freeway. I booked Friday and Saturday night at a total cost of $251. Pricey but it is always great to be around the team and plenty of other Mean Green fans. I am looking forward to celebrating a victory afterwards at the hotel bar!

• Upvote 1

The team hotel is

The team hotel is the Houston Marriott South at Hobby Airport, 9100 Gulf Freeway. I booked Friday and Saturday night at a total cost of $251. Pricey but it is always great to be around the team and plenty of other Mean Green fans. I am looking forward to celebrating a victory afterwards at the hotel bar!

Booked @ Marriott South for Saturday !

• Upvote 1

And be sure to buy your tailgating stuff at Randall's. Founded by an NT alum.

If you can resist the sultry call of HEB's meat counter

While they were founded by the Onstead Family, which has a been a great supporter of UNT over the years, they are owned by Safeway now.

But!!! Houston is covered up in Specs locations. They still have UNT blood pumping through the company. For those of you staying downtown I recommend making a visit to that location. It is a site to behold. The nicest Liqour store I have stepped foot in.

Also, if you are looking for a bar, consider Zimms on Montrose. The owner is a UNT grad and she has hosted a couple of UNT events there. She did a very nice job with the Stadium fundraising event that they hosted. The place is not nearly as popular as it once was but still a nice spot if you are looking for a chill enviorment to grab a drink.

A quick warning to those thinking about hitting Washington ave. It has become a very popluar bar district and that fact is not lost on the police in this city. I recommend taking a cab or use a designated driver. (good advice anytime you want to have a drink of course)

So far this post makes me look like a drunk. So lets talk hotels.

Houston has built several hotels over the years and if anything has too much capacity. I would highly reccommend using priceline if you don't have a particular hotel in mind. For a nicer hotel with touristy attractions nearby I personally would reccomend Hotel Za Za in the Museum District. Besides museums, there is Herman Park and Rice Universtiy which are an easy walk from that location. Plus their is a rali station close by if you want to go into downtown.

I hope everone can make it down. Houston has come a long way over the years and I am sure you will have a good time. Especially after we beat UH!!!

Edited by HoustonEagle
  • Upvote 1

So far this post makes me look like a drunk. So lets talk hotels.

Houston has built several hotels over the years and if anything has too much capacity. I would highly reccommend using priceline if you don't have a paticular hotel in mind. For a nicer hotel with touristy attractions nearby I personally would reccomend Hotel Za Za in the Museum District. Besides museums, there is Herman Park and Rice Universtiy which are an easy walk from that location. Plus their is a rali station close by if you want to go into downtown.

I hope everone can make it down. Houston has come a long way over the years and I am sure you will have a good time. Especially after we beat UH!!!

Can't we all just crash at your place instead?

• Upvote 1

And be sure to buy your tailgating stuff at Randall's. Founded by an NT alum.

Randalls has been owned by Safeway since 1999; there's really no connection to the Onstead family anymore. Buy your tailgating supplies at Spec's Wine, Spirits & Finer Foods - the Rydmans are not only NT alums, they are major supporters of the university.

• Upvote 1