Alumni/ Others

mgfan

I decided to sit in the alumni/opposite student side last night...... Never again! I cheered and yelled and waved my towel and people looked at my

like i was crazy. Do the people on this side of the stadium realize that we are at a football game and not a golf match?

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

Regardless of what section they are sitting in or how they decide to enjoy the game - they are there to support UNT Football. Why complain? :)

Yeah who needs a home field advantage. Not us we are loaded with talent. For now on everyone sit there in complete silence. That is what recruits want to see when they come visit and I am sure it will get the team motivated..... the sound of crickets.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

That's nothing new. I remember the first year I bought season tickets ('96, I think?). I thought I was going to fall asleep over there. Half of the games I never used my seats; just sat on the student side.

Yet the same demographic goes to away games, and hollers their heads off. Hard to figure.

Really getting a bit tired of people telling me how I should and should not enjoy a UNT home or away football game.

Bottom line...I had a great time...as I always do at Mean Green Games and I don't go there looking for something to complain about before or after the game. Especially not to complain about how folks like to watch the game after they actually buy tickets and get their rear ends into the stadium.

Saw several fans on the Alumni side so full of themselves that they stood near the front rows in the bowl for most of all the game while blocking the view of all those behind them...an sure those standing had a great time...not sure about the folks behind them....whatever floats your boat, but there is no right or wrong way to enjoy a football game...get over yourself and how about appreciating those who show up...lots of empty seats on both the student and alumni side last night.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 5

I sit on the top row of section 106....last night I was told by a csc lady that I had to sit down due to people saying I was in their way. These people were seated four yards to my left. I would have only been in there way if the ball was around the 15 yd line on the south side of the stadium. I informed the Csc lady that I paid for my seats and I will stand. She said that there paid as well...so who knows where one persons rights ends and another's begins. I let her know that it is stupid to have me sit down ...she said she was just doing her job...not happy about it

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

I don't have a dog in this fight one way or another. I'm not really a rowdy and loud kind of person at games (or at home) unless it's a situation that just naturally gets me pumped up but it surely doesn't mean I don't give a damn about my team and what is going on the field. For me I just look at the positive in that they're at least there. We complain about alumni and people not showing up but at the same time some will criticize the ones that actually do come to the game for a silly reason or another in my opinion.

• Upvote 4

Section 110, top row. Stand and yell the whole game...usually with some a few seats in front of me empty because I yell too loud.

(not really...my kids go and sit up at the top of the Wing. A couple came and asked if the seats were taken, and I told them only if they didn't mind Loud behind them...they enjoyed the game as much as I did)

GMG

• Upvote 1

I understand what y'all are saying. Y'all can come to the game and be a bump on a log. That is your right, but don't bitch when the person in front of you is standing and cheering or give them dirty looks like they are crazy and annoying. Just remember we are at a football game!

Edited by mgfan
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I understand what y'all are saying. Y'all can come to the game and be a bump on a log. That is your right, but don't bitch when the person in front of you is standing and cheering or give them dirty looks like they are crazy and annoying. Just remember we are at a football game!

Just wait until you get asked to sit down.

• Upvote 1

My thoughts are I personally don't care what people around me do. I'm going to stand and cheer whenever I want (glad I was able to do that a lot ). Thank you to any who were there in person and I hope to see you again.

Good post sf!

Many years ago when I in high school I went to the Oklahoma game in the rain. The UNT fans who may have been students... One was Emmit and the other was a short blondish guy (along with a handful of other older fans made everyone sit down because they could not see. I do not want to hear stand or sit when people cannot even make up their own mind! I sit on the "adult" side at the 50 yard line and I stand most of the game because I hate sitting (it makes you fat). I may jump up to the top row if I can though so I do not block people...

• Upvote 1