Wins the rest of the way

shaft

So that is where I see the wins. The above scenario puts it at 6-5, with the Arkie St game as a toss up for me. If it is a loss, that is 6-6 with losing the last two and being passed over for a bowl game. If we beat the Indians Red Wolves, that means 7-5 and likely a bowl berth.

7-5 should guarantee a bowl. With four teams facing bowl bans there should be bowl slots for every team with a winning record.

same here...we end up 4-8 with an FCS win. We have too many inconsistencies and woes at this point to beat more balanced teams like ASU, WKU, ULL and ULM's QB.

Maybe LaLa, but I think our defense gives us a shot at home against Ark St.

And don't forget to factor in the every other week performance of DT, which should give us a shot against both Ark St. and LaLa if the pattern holds. MTSU should be a struggle, Houston a loss and WKU a blowout loss, with Monroe falling in the good week.

Plus we get Ark St and LaLa at home.

I know. I didn't mention USA. If we don't beat the hell out of them, I think I might just take a leap off that F'n pedestrian bridge (I mean, construction probably won't be finished, so there will still be uncovered areas from which to jump).

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Maybe LaLa, but I think our defense gives us a shot at home against Ark St.

And don't forget to factor in the every other week performance of DT, which should give us a shot against both Ark St. and LaLa if the pattern holds. MTSU should be a struggle, Houston a loss and WKU a blowout loss, with Monroe falling in the good week.

Plus we get Ark St and LaLa at home.

I know. I didn't mention USA. If we don't beat the hell out of them, I think I might just take a leap off that F'n pedestrian bridge (I mean, construction probably won't be finished, so there will still be uncovered areas from which to jump).

Ark St and LaLa at home doesn't mean sh*t....Troy proved that....!

So with another week down I'll ask the same question, where do you see the wins the rest of the way.

I see FAU, Houston, MTSU, and USA.

We just need to get one win out of LaLa, A-St, WKY, and ULM to get to 6 and get bowl eligible.

I think the general sentiment on this board is that the game on Saturday was not lost because we were defeated by a superior opponent, rather, the game was given away due to miscues. I usually don't jump on that ship, but this one is different with all of those points left on the field in the red zone due to lack of kicking. Make no mistake, UNT beat themselves last Saturday.

Hopefully, that won't happen again. I still think we can reach bowl-eligibility... just need to beat Houston to do it.

I wouldn't be surprised if we don't win another game all year. You aren't going to win a game because of special teams, but you can damn sure lose one. The special teams were better under Dodge, and that is just a testament to how bad they are. Olen was a very good kicker his first year, but last year having all those kicks blocked and a block this year has ruined him. The extra point he missed against K-State would have been blocked if he had kicked it straight.

I don't want to count wins at this point. I just haven't seen consistent enough play out of this team to look at any game and see a win or loss. If we play like we did against KSU, any of our games could be a win. If we play like we did against Troy, any game could be a loss. I feel we are just too bipolar to make any kind of prediction the rest of the way.

A couple of more plays in the game, and most fans would be talking about a conference championship. Now, it is gloom and doom; all is lost.

It was one bad game, NT did not play well enough to win against an opponent they should have beat at home. The prior week they play very well against a top 10 team. My guess the team is somewhere between those two performances.

This team could still finish very well or fold. The next two games are very winnable and NT can regroup and still have a very good season.

• Upvote 1

Wins against FAU,USA, and maybe MTSU.We might upset Houston,ULL,A-State LA. Monroe, or W.Ken., but we are looking at 4 to 5 wins max. Again, there is a reason we were picked to finish 7th in the Belt. We just are not very good now but are getting better. This is a 3 to 5 year rebuilding process. Todd Dodge set us back at least that long.

I'll stick with a 5-7 wins. This team is still trying to learn how to win and they aren't going to get many breaks in the last SBC season. I see us winning the next game at FAU, but I see us losing at UH. That ULL game is a toss up, but I suspect that we will lose that one. After that, in no particular order, I see wins over South Alabama for sure and probably wisn over MUTS and Arky State. I think ULM and WKU will be losses, just because I think they are the class of the Belt this year.

I was pretty upset after the loss, but it is still early. I believe there is time to right the ship and make it to 6 or 7 wins. Now can we go the other way and have the ship

sink? sure but lets remains positive and hope we win every game from here on out. ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE!

• Upvote 1

I think the general sentiment on this board is that the game on Saturday was not lost because we were defeated by a superior opponent, rather, the game was given away due to miscues. I usually don't jump on that ship, but this one is different with all of those points left on the field in the red zone due to lack of kicking. Make no mistake, UNT beat themselves last Saturday.

Hopefully, that won't happen again. I still think we can reach bowl-eligibility... just need to beat Houston to do it.

Ya, it's so different from the Army home game, where we missed an extra point to avoid taking the game to overtime.

I guess we did lose by more than 1 point to Troy...

even after the Troy game, i would say we win the rest of the games

Did you see the way WKU dismantled Southern Miss, who most people assumed would breeze through C-USA? That game is almost certainly a loss right now. AR St. probably is too.

ULM... still not sure. I'd like to see how they play against someone their own size. Not sure the game this weekend @ Tulane will tell me much either.

I think the LA La game will be the turning point for this team. Win, and we can maybe win out except for WKU. Lose, and I only see 2 more wins on the schedule.