Grades

UNT90

It is college, after all.

QB - F DT, I love ya, but you stunk it up tonight. You HAVE to be better, a lot better, going forward.

Receivers - F Not much help to DT. Remember all that twitter trash talk by TSU? Well, they walked the walk, didn't they? Gotta get better. Plus one terrible turnover.

Running Backs - C Ya, we ran for over 300 against them. So did Prairie View A&M. Lost of hesitation when hitting the hole, and no one appears to have the extra burst to accelerate away from DBs. FCS DBs at that.

O-Line - C+ Again, a lot of yards rushing, and DT didn't make it easy on them by allowing TSU to put 8 in the box just about all game, but this was terrible competition that they dd not completely dominate. They should have.

Special teams - C If I see Chancellor let you more punt bounce 25 yards downfield when he should have fair caught it or actually fair catch a ball with no defender within 10 yards I may just pull my hair out. He was bad at this position last year, and has not gotten better. Marcus Trice please. Kicking game was consistent and coverage units performed better.

Now, for the good news:

DL - A dominate all night long. There had to be over 10 TFL in this game due to the line's penetration. Good experience for some of the younger linemen. Lots of QB pressure.

LB - A Helped out by the D line, there were lots of open lanes to the backfield for this group. Orr had another outstanding game.

DB - B Blown coverage for the lone score costs them the A. This secodary is already miles ahead of last year's addition, I don't care how inexperienced they are. Being bad and experienced < being inexperienced and good. Speed, speed, speed with this group.

In short, last night's offensive performance won't win many, if any, Belt games. BUT, the defensive performance will win many a Belt game. Have we returned to DIckey era football? :ph34r:

EDIT:

Student attendance: B

Alumni attendance: F

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Have we returned to DIckey era football?

That wouldn't be bad. I'll take 4 straight conference championships.

Truth is, neither this win nor last weeks loss tell us much about the 2012 Mean Green. Next week? Yeah, that should tell us whether UNT is improving.

• Upvote 2