The Wing Zone

James329

A) it's a cool feature if it's full. It stands out. But when empty it stands out in a totally different way. Luckily it didnt get too much camera time in the replay I'm watching.

B) Why isn't wingstop or even Buffalo Wild Wings sponsoring it and doing promotions and giving away tickets or wings to those seats during the game. Easy, great idea in my mind for all involved. Multiple locations in Denton

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

A) it's a cool feature if it's full. It stands out. But when empty it stands out in a totally different way. Luckily it didnt get too much camera time in the replay I'm watching.

B) Why isn't wingstop or even Buffalo Wild Wings sponsoring it and doing promotions and giving away tickets or wings to those seats during the game. Easy, great idea in my mind for all involved. Multiple locations in Denton

Good points. I wasn't wild about it from the beginning, because I would have much preferred a standard rounded out horseshoe/bowl situation, but we've got what we've got, and we've got to figure out a way to fill it. That emptiness just stands out WAY too much.

• Upvote 1

Agree, like I said...it's a cool thing that stands out, but when it's empty it stands out for the wrong reason. Its a sore thumb that way. Visually it would looks better if that was full instead of say the 2nd level of the student section. Perception can be reality, just like losing 41-14 to LSU. Good game for UNT to those who know about the program, but the misinformed scoff at it. Sucks, but that's how it is. Fill the wing! Any vacant area stands out, the wing is just more pronounced. Blame denton.

Agree, like I said...it's a cool thing that stands out, but when it's empty it stands out for the wrong reason. Its a sore thumb that way. Visually it would looks better if that was full instead of say the 2nd level of the student section. Perception can be reality, just like losing 41-14 to LSU. Good game for UNT to those who know about the program, but the misinformed scoff at it. Sucks, but that's how it is. Fill the wing! Any vacant area stands out, the wing is just more pronounced. Blame denton.

Just curious. Is your board name a reference to James 3:2-9? Possibly a reference to the bad mouthing of each other that happens on this board? Probably just coincidence.

Use the wing zone as a recruiting tool for the university. Have a high school night for Denton students. Free wing zone seats if you show your high school ID name tag. Do the same for Lewisville. Have a another night where you have a combination of other smaller local districts. Build a fan base and recruit at the same time by using the wing zone. Empty seats don't buy concessions.

• Upvote 1

It is likely that the empty wing formation we were sporting last night was a result of most people that bought general admission tickets moving into better seats closer to the field.

After seeing the stadium for the first time, I had mixed emotions about the wing. I had the family in tow so all the kids wanted to go to the top to see the view. Damn, that is a lot of steps to get to the top corner, and if you are not particularly fond of heights like I am... Well, let's just say that I used the row of steps that were not next to the edge of the wing to walk back down. Cool feature though. Provides some uniqueness instead of the same old bowl shape that everyone else has.

I have seen photos of the upper levels at places like A&M, I can't imagine what the view from the top at those places would be.

• Upvote 1

I agree on any option for high schoolers, grade schoolers, youth groups, etc... that fill the seats. Once you start filling it up, then worry about slowly pulling back and charging for tickets once the demad is there. There are countless ways to with this. Corporate sponsors are another way that has been mentioned, and done elsewhere. Bucket of chicken anyone?
  • Upvote 1

Use the wing zone as a recruiting tool for the university. Have a high school night for Denton students. Free wing zone seats if you show your high school ID name tag. Do the same for Lewisville. Have a another night where you have a combination of other smaller local districts. Build a fan base and recruit at the same time by using the wing zone. Empty seats don't buy concessions.

Why not extend the offer to all area student, including all Metro area JC and Community College students. Most I've talked to plan on tranfering to UNT.

• Upvote 1

For one game just give the tickets away to local business', they can give them away in their stores or whatever type of business they have. See if people will come out for the game, it's not like we would be losing out on ticket sales, and at least people would come in and spend some sort of money, plus it gets butts in those seats.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1