monroe

kingwoodgreen

i work at Academy sports 10 minutes from the University of Arkansas Campus....we played the game over the speakers at work tonight...it was wonderful seeing all those HOGS crying after they lost to a "crappy sunbelt school" HAHAHA.

Edited by bstnsportsfan3
  • Upvote 2

Not saying UNT could beat Arkanas but they have a better chance than against Bama or LSU. Play even lesser schools from SEC, BIG12 or wherever. I know the schedule is far in advance, but still. Where have the paycheck games taken us? Honestly, where did beating Bama get ULM. Maybe we lost a few recruiting battles...not sure. I do think if UNT did it, it would go farther. There are blueprints to follow, don't understand why we haven't. An athlete would rather compete than go get spanked at LSU. So I don't believe playing at LSU is a big recruiting chip. If it is, maybe your recruiting the wrong guy. Then again, uniforms sway recruiting now ( yes they do, barf). All I'm trying to say is...well, beating Indiana was beating a Big 10 school right. Rice beat Kansas today. Beat say...Kentucky (not saying it happens), you beat an SEC team or were close instead of we lost by 27 to LSU. Food for thought.

Is this bad? Ouch, epic interview fail.

He led his team against Jacksonville State last week, where the other team put up 7, 14, and 3 points on Ark in the first 3 quarters. By sort of luck, Ark put up 7,28, and 14 on Jacksonville state in the first 3 quarters, most of it by way of player talent, not by coaching. The coach pretty much failed last night. I know ULM might be good, but this win isn't as big of a deal, especially when the Ark fans think their team is trash.

This is exactly why the pre-seson polls are ridiculous. With all of the off-season mess that Petrino caused at Arkansas, anyone could see that the Hogs were not going to be as good as they were last year. You just don't change coaches at the top, even if it is a promotion from within or to bring back a guy back for a second tour of duty like they have done with John L. Smith, and not expect a dropoff. They are just not very good, nowhere near a top ten team. Its a great win for ULM, no doubt, and they deserve a ton of credit for the victory, especially considering the lack of resources that ULM has against pretty much everyone. But don't fool yourself, even though Arkansas killed K-State in the Cotton Bowl in January, KSU would return the favor big-time this year. This is another great example as to why the BCS doesn't introduce its own polls until later in the season.

See that Arkansas' coach refused to shake hands with the ULM coach following the game. He lead the team out of the stadium when the fans started booing for poor sportsmanship. Some of the Arkansas team returned to shake hands with Monroe, but still not the coach. I hear he did get a big hug from a state trooper!

See that Arkansas' coach refused to shake hands with the ULM coach following the game. He lead the team out of the stadium when the fans started booing for poor sportsmanship. Some of the Arkansas team returned to shake hands with Monroe, but still not the coach. I hear he did get a big hug from a state trooper!

Yeah, big time football. Lots of poor sportsmanship and lots of arrogance.