My daughter had a great idea for gameday

Stan R

JETPACKS FOR SCRAPPY!!!

He could fly around the stadium and drop t-shirts!!!

My 9yr old mentioned it and I about fell out of my chair.

I like the idea, but me thinks that would be an insurance nightmare for the University.

GMG

Edited by mean green d
  • Upvote 1

WOW! what a great idea from a 9 year old girl. I hope you gave her lots of praise for coming up with the idea. We need a lot more little girls like her who are thinking in terms of jet packs rather than princess stuff.

A couple of years ago I saw the story on this local invention....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vFaHjrw76I

I e-mailed the inventor and suggested that a great publicity stunt for his product would be to land in the middle Fouts field and deliver the game ball for one of our home games. I told him that it would be great pub for both him and the University. He e-mailed me back and said that he too thought it was a great idea, and that it would be doable, but FAA rules prevent such a thing (a motorized aircraft landing in the stadium with people in it) from happening.

Oh well.

Edited by SilverEagle

Good stuff Silver. I just think we underestimate the value of Scrappy with the kids that come to the games. All of my kids go bonkers when he comes by and making him more a part of the game day atmosphere would be a great thing. So maybe not a jetpack but we could get creative in many different ways. I love the way Scrappy is at the bball games, he needs to do more of that at the FB ones as well.

• Upvote 1

I e-mailed the inventor and suggested that a great publicity stunt for his product would be to land in the middle Fouts field and deliver the game ball for one of our home games. I told him that it would be great pub for both him and the University. He e-mailed me back and said that he too thought it was a great idea, and that it would be doable, but FAA rules prevent such a thing (a motorized aircraft landing in the stadium with people in it) from happening.

Oh well.

Hope he waits until the bridge is completed. :)