Benford hosting players from the past this weekend

Harry

Check recruiting board for his name :)

Yep, it was Friar.

Both Friar and Nunn are big bodied guys. Nunn was the one that dropped a bunch of weight, right? Well, not too much further to go (maybe another 10 to 15 lbs). Big big guys. Will be tough to move them. I would put Nunn about 6'6" and Friar at about 6'7". Both around 240 or so.

Yes, I did work at a carnival.

• Upvote 2

Nunn only 6'6? That's kind of dissappointing

It's a guestimate, but I was standing right next to him. Friar was definitely the taller of the 2 by a hair.

Just remember, every player listed 6'8 inches is probaby 6'6".

He'll, I remember standing next to Trammeil and he was 6'5" tops.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 1

Have it on very good authority that both visiting players commited today

Alan Branch‏@TXboysbasketbal

2013 Joshua Friar 6'9" 240 lb PF has given verbal commitment to UNT per Joshua great get. Tony Benford getting it done in TX !

Are you talking about Nunn also ?

I never saw or confirmed that Pollard was on campus this week like he was reported earlier to be

Edited by NT03

Alan Branch‏@TXboysbasketbal

2013 Joshua Friar 6'9" 240 lb PF has given verbal commitment to UNT per Joshua great get. Tony Benford getting it done in TX !

Are you talking about Nunn also ?

I never saw or confirmed that Pollard was on campus this week like he was reported earlier to be

Only saw Nunn and Friar (along with Hardwick) at the Volleyball game.

Good news about Friar. Really not surprised, as he had the kid in a candy store look in his eyes at the volleyball game.

UNT90, you and others are welcome to come to Kingwood to see Josh play this year. I will be your host to the game and dinner. You will enjoy watching Kingwood bsketball. No run and gun but some great ball movement and usually one of the top defenses in the state. some of you guys were commenting about Hunter Leahy from a tournament up in Dallas not too long ago. He is also on the team and a fun kid to watch play.

• Upvote 1

UNT90, you and others are welcome to come to Kingwood to see Josh play this year. I will be your host to the game and dinner. You will enjoy watching Kingwood bsketball. No run and gun but some great ball movement and usually one of the top defenses in the state. some of you guys were commenting about Hunter Leahy from a tournament up in Dallas not too long ago. He is also on the team and a fun kid to watch play.

Hunter is the big kid , right ? Believe we talked to his parents & grandparents. Nice people

I thought u said josh wasn't playing @ Kingwood ? Was that just this past year ?

Edited by NT03

He did not play for Kingwood last year. But he is back this year for his senior season. Since Josh did not play last year at KHS I did not know he was on some radars. But he mostly shines in slect ball. Their are no stars on Kingwood due to the passing mentaility and unselfish play. But great players have come out of the system. Nic Wise and Singletary did well in college and learned the discipline game well from Coach Huseman. NIc's Dad is a big time coach HS coach you may be aware of in this area. I am sure he hand picked where he wanted Nic to play during his career before he headed to Arizona.

yes, that was Hunter's parents you met. He was coming off of an injury last year so hoping he will have a big senior season also. Fun to watch Hunter play, a Barkley like kid.

• Upvote 1

• 5 weeks later...