UTA schedule

utamav91

Some nice home games. A new arena and conference make a huge difference in the level of competition. I don't see us winning 24 games this year like last year.

And for this year's big UNT-UTA matchup...Mitchell will be hard to defend, a deep UNT roster, and being at Denton, and us losing our 3 leading scorers, it's probably a 10-15-point win for ya'll this year.

2012-13 UTA MEN’S BASKETBALL SCHEDULE

Fri., Nov. 9 at Cal State Bakersfield 8p

Fri., Nov. 16 OKLAHOMA 7p

Sat., Nov. 24 at Samford 7p

Wed., Nov. 28 at North Texas 7p

Sat., Dec. 1 at Texas TBA

Mon., Dec. 3 at UT Pan American 7p

Thurs., Dec. 13 HOUSTON BAPTIST 7p

Wed., Dec. 19 at Oklahoma State 7p

Sat., Dec. 29 NEW MEXICO STATE* 7p

Mon., Dec. 31 DENVER* 2p

Wed., Jan. 2 BOISE STATE 7p

Sat., Jan. 5 LOUISIANA TECH* 7p

Thurs., Jan. 10 at UTSA* 7p

Sat., Jan. 12 at Texas State* TBA

Thurs., Jan. 17 SEATTLE* 7p

Sat., Jan. 19 IDAHO* 7p

Thurs., Jan. 24 at Utah State* 8p

Sat., Jan. 26 at San Jose State* 9p

Sat., Feb. 2 at Louisiana Tech* 7p

Thurs., Feb. 7 TEXAS STATE* 7p

Sat. Feb. 9 UTSA* 7p

Thurs., Feb. 14 at Idaho* 9p

Sat., Feb. 16 at Seattle* TBA

Wed., Feb. 20 UT PAN AMERICAN 7p

Sat., Feb. 23 TBA (Sears Bracketbusters) TBA

Thurs. Feb. 28 SAN JOSE STATE* 7p

Sat., March 2 UTAH STATE* 7p

Thurs., March 7 at Denver* 8p

Sat., March 9 at New Mexico State* TBA

Wed.-Sat. March 13-16 WAC Conference Tournament (Las Vegas, NV) TBA

Edited by utamav91
  • Upvote 2

Hey - I sure hope so - we need to avenge that arse whuppin you guys handed us last year. You guys had your way with us. I imagine the highlights from that game didn't make it into Johnny's LSU resume reel!

Good gosh what a train wreck that first half was.

• Upvote 1

Texas Hall was really special as far as home court advantage.

It'll be interesting to see what kind of home court advantage College Park Center gives us. It was pretty loud with 4000-6000 in there last year for 4 games.

UTA Avg attendence at College Park Center -- 5,129 (Last 4 home games)

UNT Avg attendence at Super Pit -- 4,978 (Last 4 home games) 3,865 (14 home games)

UTA had a home court advantage over us numbers wise, not sure about sound? Super Pit was pretty loud.

I had the chance to catch a HS playoff game in College Park Center last year. Really a nice facility. Reminds me of the the main gym in Hot Springs. Although, the Hot Springs Gym feels about twice the size. CPC is a lot smaller in person. The pics make it look big. The most impressive aspect of the game/place was that the rims were mic'd. Loved that.

I ended up getting free tix to a UTA game last year, but wasn't able to use them. Apparently, anyone could get free tix last year to UTA games. I'd imagine that helped the attendance figures and the folks that just wanted to check out the stadium.

Looking forward to our game this year. Had a front row to that drubbing last year. Was also at the 3OT game a couple years ago. Fun game. Also, believe UTA owes us one for the no-monitor last second debacle.

Edited by MeanMag

i was at the 3OT game a couple of years ago....maybe the best game i have ever seen in person, the swings of emotion were crazy and the battling fan bases so close to each other on the stage was incredible. Im going to miss Texas Hall, except for that beat down last season that i had to listen too on the radio. Looking forward to yall coming back to the pit this season, should be a much better game and good atmosphere.