My Top 5 Reasons I Think We're Better This Year

MeanGreenHoops

1. Offensive Line - So much better than last year's game against Alabama when they were overwhelmed. We were a Lance Dunbar and a few non-dropped passes from making this thing interesting in the 1st half.
  2. DT - Thompson showed poise, touch and never got rattled. His receivers let hi down early with the dropsies, but he looked better in Game 1 this year, than any game I remember from last year, considering the level of competition.
  3. Brelan - Brelan really struggled last year t make an impact, which was surprising considering what we had seen of him his 1st year. I think what we learned is that now he has route running ability, and combine that with speed, he will be our TY Hilton
  4. Secondary Improvement - So hurts that Freddie Warner is out but the positive side of that is Zac showed up and played well. We appear much faster and more physical than any time last year. This group has a big upside.
  5. Scoring - We actually moved the ball and made plays against LSU. It's been a long time since we've done that against elite competition. I can remember the Texas 27-0 game we lost where our defense played so well, if we'd had an kind of offense we could have made that a game. Same for the OU game in 2003. I know that scoring when your down big is easier, but you know what, it was never easy for us in years past. This time we actually did it. It gives me hope.
  • Upvote 3