Josh White twitter

cl_1_2008

"Lol all my north Texas fam tweeting me about who I'm going for I been a LSU football fan before I signed at UNT i mean I am from BR"

Oh ok that makes total sense now....what idiots we are to expect that dude to show some class and not put that crap on twitter. Some things are better left unsaid. Dude LSU didn't want you and you didn't go to school there.

I mean Alzee Williams must go for SMU in our up and coming series since he is from Dallas right? Alonzo and Shannon Shorter had to have been wearing red at the Houston game?

Sure DoJo will be wearing purple when we play Kansas State.

Lost total respect for him....idiotic move.

He did say, my North Texas FAM (family) and LSU football. He considers us family as he should... and he rooting for LSU FOOTBALL. He did not have much to root for with UNT football during his time here. I can completely understand a guy rooting for a local team that he grew up with even after attending another university... hopefully though, his exclusive allegiance is to UNT basketball.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 8

He did say, my North Texas FAM (family) and LSU football. He considers us family as he should... and he rooting for LSU FOOTBALL. He did not have much to root for with UNT football during his time here. I can completely understand a guy rooting for a local team that he grew up with even after attending another university... hopefully though, his exclusive allegiance is to UNT basketball.

So . . . somebody who goes through the UNT college of business is only expected to have exclusive allegiance to the UNT college of business?

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

ohhhhh right.....only cheer your university on when they are winning. Excellent point.

That exact mentality (and excusing it as if it's palatable) are what has been/still is wrong with NT alumni.

You're right but I honestly would have never expected this from a former athlete who really had a part in transforming some of the image and culture of this school with the success of basketball and just finished up here in the last year or so. I think that stings even more to be honest.

• Upvote 1

That hurts

Not as much as hurting when you don't get inducted to a school's HOF for being an ass.

"Lol all my north Texas fam tweeting me about who I'm going for I been a LSU football fan before I signed at UNT i mean I am from BR"

Yeah, who gave you a free education? And please learn some proper grammar. You are an adult.

Edited by Rudy
  • Upvote 2

Hey it really sucks, but I still am a fan of the kid. I'm sure he'll still come around to UNT stuff when he's in town. Hell, I made all of one football game last year, and he was there.

More than anything, it's upsetting that he put it on such public display.

Edited by CMJ
  • Upvote 1

ohhhhh right.....only cheer your university on when they are winning. Excellent point.

Josh has no excuse as far as I am concerned. I grew up in Austin, went to many, many games in Memorial Stadium growing up and even have degrees from UT Austin, but my B.A.is from North Texas. That is who I cheer for and I would NEVER cheer for the Longhorns over the Mean Green. In fact, I have always wanted our team to win and was really p.o.'d when the refs stole the game from us in 1988.

• Upvote 5

Josh has no excuse as far as I am concerned. I grew up in Austin, went to many, many games in Memorial Stadium growing up and even have degrees from UT Austin, but my B.A.is from North Texas. That is who I cheer for and I would NEVER cheer for the Longhorns over the Mean Green. In fact, I have always wanted our team to win and was really p.o.'d when the refs stole the game from us in 1988.

I've got a similar background... many years in Lubbock, parents graduated raiders, dad took tickets at the football and basketball games and snuck me and my brother in for free. i honestly thought that when i started at UNT that i would continue to be a fan of tech. it wasn't until i facepalmed myself at the end of my freshman year that i realized what i was becoming.

I will give him an opportunity over the course of the next week to apologize for his comments and pledge full allegiance to unt. if this doesn't happen, I hope somebody informs RV and the rest of the committee that decides who's jersey gets raised in the pit what just occured.

Our donations help pay for these guys to get an education and become an ambassador for our cause. When he signed his letter in intent someone obviously needed to do a better job explaining his role during and after his tenure.

• Upvote 4

That exact mentality (and excusing it as if it's palatable) are what has been/still is wrong with NT alumni.

Bingo.

By the way, in regards to hanging jerseys and what nots.

I'll remind that even our greatest basketball warrior and HOF member Kenny Lyons has yet to have THAT honor bestowed to him despite his amazing career here. And he not only regularly attends our basketball games, but you'll see him at V Ball, Football and Tennis matches as well, dressed in MG Gear and screaming his head off for the Mean Green........now 30 some years after his career was over here.

Rick

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1