football 2012

wardly

As we start our new season at #1 LSU, I was wondering what our season expectations should be.I see 4 games we should win;Texas Southern,Middle Tennessee,South Alabama, and FAU. I also see 2 games we could win;Western Kentucky and LA.Monroe. I don't think we can beat the remaining schools on our schedule, so I predict another 5&7 season. Considering the deep well coach Mac found himself in when he arrived on campus, I would not be upset with a repeat of last years record. In fact, as we enter into CUSA in 2013, we probably will take a step backwards, as we will be playing a more difficult conference schedule.This years Sagarin rating, which I have found to be very accurate, lists only Tulane and UTSA below us. In sumary, I think it will take 4 to 5 more years,including this season, before we are truly competative in CUSA. At age 69, I certainly have a greater sense of urgency to succeed than most of you, but this is still just an old man's opinion.GO EAGLES![i have always thought "Mean Green" rather silly as a team nickname with only 3 winning seasons since 1994, but again, just an opinion,class of 66']

I will move ULM and probably Troy to the "should win" column as well . . . they may be better than the others there, but we should be favored in those games.

And to say we can't beat ULL or ASU (and you had Troy there as well?!?) . . . ASU's D will be down from where it was last year, and ULL will be without Ladarius Green. They'll be favored, and should be, but they are far from unbeatable.

7-5 is not at all unrealistic.

I will move ULM and probably Troy to the "should win" column as well . . . they may be better than the others there, but we should be favored in those games.

And to say we can't beat ULL or ASU (and you had Troy there as well?!?) . . . ASU's D will be down from where it was last year, and ULL will be without Ladarius Green. They'll be favored, and should be, but they are far from unbeatable.

7-5 is not at all unrealistic.

Troy and LaLa are in my win column, along with MUTS, S Al., FAU, ULM. I think UNT is 4-0 in conference when they meet Ark St. in a big conference showdown at Apogee on Nov. 3.

Throw in a win over Texas Southern (please God!!!) and that gets us to 7-5.

I dont think we beat WKU at their place.

This schedule is built for a successful year, with the toughest conference games (minus WKU) played at home.

I think ULM and Ark St are toss ups (Ark St because of our home field advantage) and we win one of those 2.

7-5