Old Dominion Needs To Schedule Football Opponents For 2013

MeanGreen61

Even though everyone seems to want to avoid playing FCS at home, we do have an open date in 2013.

Since they are future conferene mates, would that overcome the objection to FCS? Start building a rivalry now?

It wouldn't be my first choice, but if we have six home games in 2013, and if our other home OOC opponent is a primo opponent (e.g., SMU, Houston, Texas Tech), I wouldn't be opposed.

• Upvote 2

It wouldn't be my first choice, but if we have six home games in 2013, and if our other home OOC opponent is a primo opponent (e.g., SMU, Houston, Texas Tech), I wouldn't be opposed.

If nothing changes, we will have 6 home games next season. Also, if nothing changes, one OOC home game will be Ball State.

• Upvote 1

I wouild. This is a FCS program that could give us a run for our money.

The last thing this program needs right now is another home game (and possible loss) to an FCS program.

really? Aren't you one calling for bringing in big programs for home game? Wouldn't we lose those my 50?

I'd rather lose at home by 50 (which would not happen) to UT than lose by 1 at home to an FCS Old Dominion.

I'd rather never play a FCS school again (or at least not till we are a member of the Big 12).

But that's just me.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 5

Bring in NMSU

Agree... they are rather close, we have been conference mates at times and they are currently in a "bind" with their conference coming apart... I am not aware of of them ever trashing us [ unlike SMU ]. There are very few schools that we have played more often. I could care less if we ever play SMU again.... don't want to fill their stadium and their pockets.

• Upvote 1

I don't think ODU will be full-fledged FCS next season. I believe they will be provisional FBS and in our conference (C-USA). Sorta like South Alabama this year in the SBC.

hmmm i think it is moe like 2014 when they will start counting as FBS for bowl-sligibility. South Alabama counts this year, they just can't go to the postseason

Edited by outoftown

Agree... they are rather close, we have been conference mates at times and they are currently in a "bind" with their conference coming apart... I am not aware of of them ever trashing us [ unlike SMU ]. There are very few schools that we have played more often. I could care less if we ever play SMU again.... don't want to fill their stadium and their pockets.

You'd rather play NMSU than SMU? Really? REALLY?!? That makes zero sense.