Coach "Mac" on Channel 5 with newy

GreenBat

Mac just said NT football fans are wearing shirts inside out because they have not been proud og Football program. He said he wanted to give fans a program they could wear their shirts showing the were proud to support program.

I don't know about you but I always have worn my NT gear with pride. And I've always been proud of the young men and women that represent NT, in any sport.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

Mac just said NT football fans are wearing shirts inside out because they have not been proud og Football program. He said he wanted to give fans a program they could wear their shirts showing the were proud to support program.

I don't know about you but I always have worn my NT gear with pride. And I've always been proud of the young men and women that represent NT, in any sport.

I take you for a litteral translation only type of guy

He's just saying the vast majority of UNT, students, alumni, and faculty usually don't associate themselves with UNT and cheer for other school's teams. I've heard, "Yeah, I go to UNT, but my team is University X" more times than I can remember. It's gotten a lot better, but it's still a big problem.

• Upvote 3

Dropped my son off at Bruce Hall Saturday and spent an hour or so at the student union bookstore, Target, Walmart, and a couple of other places. MANY people were buying MG stuff, and LOTS of students had on UNT gear. I did not see a single shirt or hat from any other school other than an ACU dad and a UT dad with his daughter who had on her MG stuff.

• Upvote 5

The culture is totally changing. I transferred to UNT in 2004 and from that point to when I finished in 2007 it was apples and oranges difference in terms of wearing NT gear and having a sense of school pride. The few times I was on campus during school hours last April and May I was shocked to see how much green people had on. But I think we'll always have students wearing other schools' gear...tho bear in mind that a lot of graduate students at UNT did get their undergrad from the UT's, TT's, OU's etc.

I like the fact that he isn't delusional or hiding the fact that it's been a rough few years. Instead, he commits himself to doing everything he can to change the attitude and perception of NT. Some others schools cannot "boast" the same level of sanity though...

580130_10150972648926981_1872479300_n.jpg

Edited by Mean Green Matt

I like the fact that he isn't delusional or hiding the fact that it's been a rough few years. Instead, he commits himself to doing everything he can to change the attitude and perception of NT. Some others schools cannot "boast" the same level of sanity though...

580130_10150972648926981_1872479300_n.jpg

SMU is right though. They are Dallas' team.

Just like St Edwards is Austin's team, McClennan is Waco's team and Lubbock Christian is Lubbock's team.