Armstrong Gives Up Defending Accusations: Stripped Of Titles

..... and the real issue for me is how he treated/crushed people to preserve himself.

That's the thing. Beyond the cheating and the lying about cheating, it's the aggressiveness and vindictiveness with which he and his people went after anyone who questioned him. We're talking about lawsuits and attempts to ruin people, from friends to tiny beat reporters, some of whom committed the crime of answering questions about him and his doping honestly.

• Upvote 1

It really is the perfect time to give up on everything. And hey, he had a heck of a machine and a cause around him. I don't think anyone can be faulted too much for sticking with him and the real issue for me is how he treated/crushed people to preserve himself.

Did you hear what Rick Riley said on ESPN last night? He was truly matter-of-fact about it and seemed deeply disturbed...as one can imagine. Said he hounded and begged and pleaded and asked over and over for years if what he was claiming(innocence) was true, because he(Riley) was putting his reputation on the line to defend him. And now this.

We were all duped for sure.

Rick

That's the thing. Beyond the cheating and the lying about cheating, it's the aggressiveness and vindictiveness with which he and his people went after anyone who questioned him. We're talking about lawsuits and attempts to ruin people, from friends to tiny beat reporters, some of whom committed the crime of answering questions about him and his doping honestly.

Perfectly said.

I feel like a dumbass supporting and defending him. Of course, the way this week is going nothing surprises me any more.

Rick

Really, this is what makes you feel like a dumbass?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Really, this is what makes you feel like a dumbass?
And not the first time either. The first time was agreeing to drive your crazy ass to MW to do stats for you and end up freezing our balls nearly off in a snow storm to cover two teams neither of us gave a shit about. Thank god you were able to charm that nice lady at the Index to let us in to write your report......and us time to thaw out.

...Thought I forgot about that, didnt you?

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 3

Northwest and Mineral Wells and Northwest was not good, but hey, I made $140 for that game, that's pretty good money for about 6 hours work.

Edited by GreenBat