Texas St gets two games on Longhorn Network

KoldBeer

Texas State will have 2 home games on the Longhorn Network. Nevada (Sept 29th) & LA Tech (Nov 10th).

If we weren't moving up to CUSA, this is something I wouldn't mind North Texas looking into (although I doubt Texas St received much in the way of money for these games being on LHN). But with CUSA, most of the conference games should be on TV somewhere. SMU only has 3 games not on TV (and those 3 are on Time Warner).

As opposed to ESPN3, which is not even a real TV network!

:phew:

I mean... YEAH! The Longhorn network is for losers!

I didn't say they were worse off, but the irony of the whole thing is that they are broadcasting on a network that is dedicated to a different team. Why agree to be on a network where the entire audience doesn't care about you and isn't going to watch?

I didn't say they were worse off, but the irony of the whole thing is that they are broadcasting on a network that is dedicated to a different team. Why agree to be on a network where the entire audience doesn't care about you and isn't going to watch?

Understood, and I think for TX St. being close to Austin and just now jumping up to D-1, it's a good move for them. I'm certainly not saying I think UNT should be broadcast there... I guess it was more frustration that ESPN3 is our only option for broadcast unless we're playing on a Tuesday night.

In my defense, I don't get either channel, which is even more frustrating.

Congrats to them, now they can be on a TV network no one watches.

I hate me some UT but I gotta hand it to 'em. They got ESPN to give them $300 million for a channel that even their die-hards don't subscribe to.

P.S. Call your cable provider RIGHT NOW and tell them you want the LHN.....pretty please.

Understood, and I think for TX St. being close to Austin and just now jumping up to D-1, it's a good move for them. I'm certainly not saying I think UNT should be broadcast there... I guess it was more frustration that ESPN3 is our only option for broadcast unless we're playing on a Tuesday night.

In my defense, I don't get either channel, which is even more frustrating.

Know anyone with ATT DSL, or Time Warner Cable TV?

Edited by risinggreen