Attendance ideas for UNT's Tuesday night ULL game

Harry

The best option would be to not have a game on a Tuesday night at 8:30. Exposure on ESPN is great, but not when the few people actually watching are looking at an empty stadium. I hope I'm wrong, but for this game to be well attended, we are going to need a winning record going in to it. That is the reality of our fanbase at this point.

giving tickets away will be a disaster....one need only look at the olympics where sponsors were handed loads of free tickets to give away and they did just that and people placed so little value on them they did not even show up to see the best in the world compete once every 4 years

Well, there you go since London and Denton and the Olympics and NCAA Football are ao comparable.

Let's promote this game to every single elementary school, middle school and high school in the area and tell them that if they show up wearing green they will get a free seat i]

Let's be honest, some of the people on this board shouldn't be allowed near the schools.

In all seriousness we should focus on what are things we can do as fans to increase attendance. Calls for professors to give extra credit or for the university to spend extra money on promotions are unrealistic.

So let's focus on things we can do like....

*I will put this game on my schedule today

*I will bring one extra person with me to the game

*I will bring an extra 30-pack to the game and beer everyone I see

*I will put a link to the football schedule in my email signature

*I will invite a stranger to have a burger or hot dog at my tailgate

*I will bring a bounce house and some baby oil to my tailgate

• Upvote 3

"giving tickets away will be a disaster....one need only look at the "Kid's Corner Telethon of 2002"..."

Now, now we all know that Kids Corner fell apart because the athletic department didn't follow through. That would never happen today. No way in hell our athletic department would tell an eager alum "no thanks" if offered help with driving attendance in 2012. Nope. No chance of that.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I'll be there with a few friends for sure, if things go as planned we'll be front row at the fifty with U N T painted across three of us.

• Upvote 2