Roberston- Browns vs. Green Bay

Side Show Joe

I'm proud of my former adopted player!

Which reminds me, *HIGHJACK ALERT!* We need to start up the official player adoption thread again. I continued my MLB adoptions last year with Zach Orr, and I ain't changing. Get 'em Zach!

Go Craig! Make the team, make some dough, keep working hard, and make the Mean Green Nation proud!

• Upvote 1

I don't recall ever hearing his name before, so I assume he graduated after the 2010 season? Or is he another undrafted rookie from this year, and I'm already developing memory problems? Someone fill me in haha.

• Downvote 1

I don't recall ever hearing his name before, so I assume he graduated after the 2010 season? Or is he another undrafted rookie from this year, and I'm already developing memory problems? Someone fill me in haha.

http://www.meangreensports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=9053&SPID=562&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=1800&ATCLID=546631&Q_SEASON=2010

Some things are better left "Googled" young padawan

But I'd much rather learn from fans than from a football statistic website!

Thank you sir.

Edited by UNTstormchaser

One of the top 10 players ever to play for the program, hes a Dickey boy, leader on and off the field. IMO he was a better MLB that Orr, but the records and coaching staff wont help his case. He truly loves UNT and will do anything for his school.

He was overlooked going into the draft, but when the browns called him up they were surprised about his football knowledge and love for the game. When you think of players that UNT needed and needs currently, its guys like Craig

• Upvote 1

Craig Robertson was one of the best linebackers to come through UNT. Hard hitter with a nose for the ball.

One of the top 10 players ever to play for the program

Whoa there . . . maybe one of the top 10 linebackers, but I don't think he quite makes the list of top 10 players. Just a few names off the top of my head that would be ahead of him would be Mean Joe Green, Cedric Hardeman, Abner Haynes, Steve Ramsey, Ronnie Shanklin, Mitch Maher, Booger Kennedy, Brad Kassell, Patrick Cobbs, and Lance Dunbar. Craig is one of the all-time Mean Green greats, though--no doubt.

Whoa there . . . maybe one of the top 10 linebackers, but I don't think he quite makes the list of top 10 players. Just a few names off the top of my head that would be ahead of him would be Mean Joe Green, Cedric Hardeman, Abner Haynes, Steve Ramsey, Ronnie Shanklin, Mitch Maher, Booger Kennedy, Brad Kassell, Patrick Cobbs, and Lance Dunbar. Craig is one of the all-time Mean Green greats, though--no doubt.

Haft of those people played in the 70s and the other 3 were from the 2000-04 era... If Craig would of played in any other era, his stats would of increased. But with the lack of coaching and leadership from the coaches, he was one of the players that held this team together...Craig remains in my top 10 because of the player on and off the field...