Coach Mac's eye

Grant.UNT

I noticed in another thread a guest had asked if he was blind, because of the glasses, obviously.

I noticed when he first got here that one eye didn't move in sync with the other(not being funny), but he didn't wear sunglasses.

I heard he had a botched eye surgery after that and haven't seen him without glasses since. Does anyone have any better explinations?

I love the glasses. I think it sets the tone for a "badass attitude" about where we are going as a program. B)

Edited by Grant.UNT
  • Upvote 1

He said in an interview that right after he was hired the eye started "leaking". Basically, the eye was damaged by years in the sun with no protection. He had several surgeries to repair the issue but it didn't work - I don't think the surgeries were botched ... I think they just didn't help.

perfect! thank you. That makes total sense. I wear my sunglasses everywhere, and now have a verfied reason.

• Upvote 1

According to the story, Coach Mac might eventually have to get a replacement (glass) eye. In the unfortunate case that it does result in this, maybe he'll consider this option, at least for game days!

Maybe he could wear an eye patch on game days. That would be intimidating.

• Upvote 1