Let's discuss the important stuff

emmitt01

pretty sure red and blue lot are the same location. right behind victory? how hard is it to pull up there on a friday night? do you have to have your parking pass displayed and all that junk? do we have overhead parking lot lights to throw a football?

• Upvote 1

pretty sure red and blue lot are the same location. right behind victory? how hard is it to pull up there on a friday night? do you have to have your parking pass displayed and all that junk? do we have overhead parking lot lights to throw a football?

Yes, I always display my parking placard. University police are usually very cool as I've been out there on Friday night for seven years and counting now. I don't remember the lighting situation but I assume there is light because it is a dorm parking lot and there would be lighting if for no other reason than burglary prevention.

• Upvote 1

If you bring an RV out there on Friday night (or bring it and stay on Saturday night) and you have a parking pass, don't they still charge you like $50 or something? Is there someone out there that collects it? I'd like to bring my trailer out there sometime.

• Upvote 1

Is this a come and go thing, or do you have to be all hardcore and stuff?

You can come and go as you please (many do) but my crew will be sleeping out there, or at least drinking and playing video games.

And, just to entice the fence sitters, there will be a couple gallons of my patented Mean Green Punch on hand. One cup full and you'll be staying our there with us.

Edited by emmitt01
  • Upvote 1

If you bring an RV out there on Friday night (or bring it and stay on Saturday night) and you have a parking pass, don't they still charge you like $50 or something? Is there someone out there that collects it? I'd like to bring my trailer out there sometime.

...from the FAQ about tailgating.

Where is RV parking?

Mean Green Club members can purchase a season parking pass in the new stadium lot. Please contact the Mean

Green Club at 940-369-7284. General public RV parking will be located in Fouts Field and be available for $60 per

individual game.

https://admin.xosn.com/pdf8/792464.pdf?DB_OEM_ID=1800&KEY=MCKHZGTDRVFWJNI.20111020134637

You can come and go as you please (many do) but my crew will be sleeping out there, or at least drinking and playing video games.

And, just to entice the fence sitters, there will be a couple gallons of my patented Mean Green Punch on hand. One cup full and you'll be staying our there with us.

.....and please make sure that you have lots of disposable brain cells...... B)

• Upvote 1

So whats on yalls menu this year... Thinking about some new tailgating recipes.. Pork/lamb Kabobs, Quail and teal season is in september so Bacon wrapped teal stuffed with cream cheese and jalapeno, Bacon wrapped quail stuffed with sage,jalapeno and goat cheese... Im trying to go away from pulled pork, brisket, fajitas... I did those last year

You down to have a couple crazy students pop in on you? haha. Mozart is only a short walk from the stadium....well shorter than most dorms.

So whats on yalls menu this year... Thinking about some new tailgating recipes.. Pork/lamb Kabobs, Quail and teal season is in september so Bacon wrapped teal stuffed with cream cheese and jalapeno, Bacon wrapped quail stuffed with sage,jalapeno and goat cheese... Im trying to go away from pulled pork, brisket, fajitas... I did those last year

First game is Mexican fare. Fajitas, nachos, tacos. I'm in the process of pricing the rental of a mariachi band.

I camped out twice last year. Had a blast, but decided it's a young man's game. Especially if the festivities start again at 7am Saturday morning for a 6pm kickoff. I'm just not built for that anymore.

Figure I'll make 4.5 games this year (the Tuesday affair is up in the air). I'll allocate two of those to stay over Saturday night. Be Ward Cleaver for the other 2.5 games.

...from the FAQ about tailgating.

Where is RV parking?

Mean Green Club members can purchase a season parking pass in the new stadium lot. Please contact the Mean

Green Club at 940-369-7284. General public RV parking will be located in Fouts Field and be available for $60 per

individual game.

https://admin.xosn.c....20111020134637

Unfortunately, this doesn't answer my question. I am not "General public RV parking". I have a blue pass and I want to park my RV in the blue lot. Last season, there were usually 3 or 4 RVs in that lot. What do those people have to do to take their RVs in the Blue lot?

Unfortunately, this doesn't answer my question. I am not "General public RV parking". I have a blue pass and I want to park my RV in the blue lot. Last season, there were usually 3 or 4 RVs in that lot. What do those people have to do to take their RVs in the Blue lot?

You might find a better answer by calling the athletic department. I wish i could help you out with this, but just can't. Right now, I don't even know where my parking spot will be as I understand they get reassigned based on priority points. I hope I get the same spot i had last season, but if not, it will be workable....

• Upvote 1

I checked for you. If you are a $250 or greater donor to the Mean Green Club, you can purchase a day pass for your RV in the red/blue lot for $60.

• Upvote 2