Ranger Game Last Night

CaraBear and I went to the Ranger game last night. We couldn't have planned out a better baseball game.

First of all we got to see one of the best pitchers of this generation (Pedro Martinez) pitch to two future Hall of Famers (A-Rod and Raffy), not to mention the potential HOFers on the Red Sox (Manny and Nomar). Lots of star power in this game.

Somehow we got a few runs against Pedro and Kolby Lewis pitched a good game and we were winning 3-2 in the ninth. Francisco Cordero came in for the save but Trot Nixon hit a homer off him to tie the game (it was double painful for me because I have Cordero in my fantasy team).

Then in the bottom of the 11th, Donnie Sadler beat out a bunt, Hank Blalock drew a walk and Einar Diaz was on base I believe froma botched bunt attmempt. A-Rod came up with the bases loaded, 2 out, botton of the 11th. Let me give some background first...A-Rod is my favorite player and I have not seen him hit a home run in the many games I have gone to see the last three years. I feel like I have cursed him or something.

He hit a walk off grand slam to end the game 7-3.

You could not have sat down before the game and wrote a better script than that. It was also the SportsCenter #1 play of the night, defintely the first one of those I have ever seen in person. The Rangers may be in last, but last night was a game I will never forget.