fiu the next Boise

mgfan

Fiu seemed to rising fast and continues to do so. Vito reported fiu landed three three-star players. It appears FIU could be the next Boise with a better location.

Tap the brakes.

I believe T Dodge landed at least 3 three star recruits in his first full class (probably all receivers). FIU took a big step back in conference play last year. Before they become the next Boise, they need to be dominating the Belt, which they won't do because they are leaving.

They, as well as us, will struggle with the step up to CUSA.

Long way from a blue field.

• Upvote 4

Tap the brakes.

I believe T Dodge landed at least 3 three star recruits in his first full class (probably all receivers). FIU took a big step back in conference play last year. Before they become the next Boise, they need to be dominating the Belt, which they won't do because they are leaving.

They, as well as us, will struggle with the step up to CUSA.

Long way from a blue field.

Besides Tech, Tulsa and Southern Miss who will potentially be better than FIU? I see them competing day one and they could beat those three mentioned schools on any given day.

Edited by Eastwood Eagle

FIU has a lot of talent and I'm glad they're coming to C USA with us. But, it takes more than talent to be a Boise. Maybe 5 years down the line we can say that, but not before they've actually accomplished anything.

I think they have accomplished a lot for the little time the have been in fbs football.

Yeah, but you could say the same thing about a lot of teams, like WKU, and USF (especially them, remember when they were ranked #2?)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

What amazed me about FIU is that they literally won their only game of the seaon against North Texas in 2007. From that point on, they have been better and better. Cristobal has done a great job down there. To go from 1-11 in 2007 to a bowl win in 2010 is damn near miraculous in and of itself, no matter who the program is and how long they have been around. Those kind of turnarounds aren't really normal.

Edited by untjim1995
  • Upvote 1

WKU has had one good season. Hold the breaks dude.

I'm aware of that. I'm not calling them a Boise by any stretch of the imagination. The point I'm making is that plenty of programs impress and do better than expected despite their short tenure in the FBS. No one expected them to be over .500 last year.

• Upvote 1

As you can see I do not post here much, but Harry, I would hope that people would stop being hung up on ratings # of stars.

I have been around NT for over 40 years and the talent in Texas is so great let the coaches evaluate and coach 'em. We need

to mine the talent like TCU and Houston has in the past. Some of our best players haven't had any stars like the great BRANDON (BOOGER ) KENNEDY, CYRIL LEMON , RONNIE SHANKLIN and STEVE RAMSEY just to name a few. Kennedy is prime example

and last year SMUt started recruiting Brandon after we did and the Coppel lineman after we did. Also I think UNT & FIU will be

competitive from the start in CUSA.

• Upvote 3

As you can see I do not post here much, but Harry, I would hope that people would stop being hung up on ratings # of stars.

I have been around NT for over 40 years and the talent in Texas is so great let the coaches evaluate and coach 'em. We need

to mine the talent like TCU and Houston has in the past. Some of our best players haven't had any stars like the great BRANDON (BOOGER ) KENNEDY, CYRIL LEMON , RONNIE SHANKLIN and STEVE RAMSEY just to name a few. Kennedy is prime example

and last year SMUt started recruiting Brandon after we did and the Coppel lineman after we did. Also I think UNT & FIU will be

competitive from the start in CUSA.

I don't disagree ttunt but it is a factor that folks like Vito have to consider when looking at the recruiting classes. In Mac's case - I would say that it is TOO early to give him a grade. They hit gold on Cyril Lemon though and there appear to be some others who will be good players. That's why I am so interested in this group of freshman, it's really Mac's first full year class and I expect to see some diamonds. Good to see you posting again ttunt!

That's funny. I guess some could say we could be the next Boise back in 2002. We even had few good players when dickey was here. Or Troy a couple of years ago. At least they actually beat good ooc teams. Houston could be the next Boise; they've been good for a little while.

If every team were to keep their same path and get better and better from the time they were pretty good just about every team in the fbs would be the next Boise and undefeated playing in the fiesta bowl every year right now and never regress.

How bout they start off small and get a field and fans a fraction of what Boise has?

Edited by MeanMag
  • Upvote 4

That's funny. I guess some could say we could be the next Boise back in 2002. We even had few good players when dickey was here. Or Troy a couple of years ago. At least they actually beat good ooc teams. Houston could be the next Boise they've web good for a little while.

If every team were to keep their same path and get better and better from the time they were pretty good just about every team in the fbs would be the next Boise and undefeated playin in the fiesta bowl every year right now an never regress.

How bout they start off small and get a field and fans a fraction of what Boise has?

This.

Facilities alone will limit them from being the next Houston, much less the next Boise.

• Upvote 2