Operation Sellout

emmitt01

We're throwing out ideas and such because you still haven't told us a single thing about what anyone can do. How can we do anything towards your plan if you don't tell us what the F it is? I'm not trying to sound like a douche. I'm 100% behind you with this idea. But you haven't given us a shred of knowledge on what we can do, how we can do it, who we should talk to, etc.

Ask and he shall receive:

1)Get some "prizes" that would draw in your fence sitting students. Free tuition in the spring, a voucher for some amount of free text books ($250 or whatever), a television, travel to an away game, whatever.

2)Advertise that these things will be given away by getting the RHA to put a flyer on every dorm student's door. Get an ad put in the NT Daily. Go to the Greeks during their combined meeting and have them put the word out to their chapters. Have the Talons spread it by word of mouth. All of this being free or nominally costly advertising.

3)On game day have a few alumni man a table inside of the student gate. Give each student a ticket which they can write their name on the back of. Tell them to hold onto it. Then, at several times throughout the game, have a few other alumni walk throughout the student section and collect these tickets. Collect them perhaps at half time, after the third quarter and midway through the 4th. This way your ticket doesn't get collected if you are no physically in the stadium. Announce the winners via the PA system at the last media timeout or at the 2:00 mark.

Ok, who's willing to go with me to talk to the bookstore? The RHA? Who's willing to seek out donations? Who wants to man a table on game day? Who wants to be in charge of producing flyers to advertise? Anyone wanna pledge some money if we cant get donations?All I've asked for thus far is people to say they are interested in helping. Even that has been met with alternative conjecture. Soooo, who's in?

1)Get some "prizes" that would draw in your fence sitting students. Free tuition in the spring, a voucher for some amount of free text books ($250 or whatever), a television, travel to an away game, whatever.

2)Advertise that these things will be given away by getting the RHA to put a flyer on every dorm student's door. Get an ad put in the NT Daily. Go to the Greeks during their combined meeting and have them put the word out to their chapters. Have the Talons spread it by word of mouth. All of this being free or nominally costly advertising.

3)On game day have a few alumni man a table inside of the student gate. Give each student a ticket which they can write their name on the back of. Tell them to hold onto it. Then, at several times throughout the game, have a few other alumni walk throughout the student section and collect these tickets. Collect them perhaps at half time, after the third quarter and midway through the 4th. This way your ticket doesn't get collected if you are no physically in the stadium. Announce the winners via the PA system at the last media timeout or at the 2:00 mark.

Ok, who's willing to go with me to talk to the bookstore? The RHA? Who's willing to seek out donations? Who wants to man a table on game day? Who wants to be in charge of producing flyers to advertise? Anyone wanna pledge some money if we cant get donations?All I've asked for thus far is people to say they are interested in helping. Even that has been met with alternative conjecture. Soooo, who's in?

This is a feasible idea. But before you get the ball rolling too far, you may want to run any of this by the SAC office or the AD to make sure you're not in violation of some University rules. I doubt you would be, but you never know...

• Upvote 1

This is a feasible idea. But before you get the ball rolling too far, you may want to run any of this by the SAC office or the AD to make sure you're not in violation of some University rules. I doubt you would be, but you never know...

So can I take this as you volunteering to help?

You see, going to the AD with no committed help isn't very fruitful or convincing when I request their blessing/support.

• Downvote 1

Emmitt...you know I'll help you with this project...just let me know where and when...I'll be there...happy to do all I can to help out. But, also agree that the Athletic dept. needs to bless this plan or we really will not get very far.....

I'm in...let me know. I can help with suggestions and ideas later...right now...I'm in...I'm labor and I take directions well.

• Downvote 1

So can I take this as you volunteering to help?

You see, going to the AD with no committed help isn't very fruitful or convincing when I request their blessing/support.

I can help. I'm sure alot of us could.

Right now, it's difficult becuase there's not really a concrete plan. I know I'll have time before the game starts and during the game to help as far as man-hours go, but I'm not at a spot financially where I can fund a prize, and anything else appears to be up in the air. Especially if the University limits what we can do.

• Upvote 1

By the way...and just for your info Emmitt as it might impact some other potential volunteers as well...there is a VOLUNTEER LEADERSHIP CONFERENCE that Friday and Saturday hosted by President Rawlins that I have agreed to attend...it starts Friday and runs up to game time with the game being part of the conference activities.

So...that Friday and Saturday I will be otherwise involved with the Volunteer Leadership Conference that I have been invited to attend. But, I can help in may ways...just let me know...before that actual weekend.

There may be others here that are in the same boat as me with the Leadership Conference thing.

I am thinking the conference may have something to do with the big fund-raising campaign that UNT is going public with in September. Nice to be invited, but I am thinking they will be asking for more of my "time" and what "treasure" they think I might have...what do you think? Ha!

I return to the area on August 21, but won't be of any use until August 26/27. After that, I can spread the word like a fiend, put posters up on doors in Mozart, whatever you think a random student can do. I'll donate the very small amount I can afford. I'm all in, just give me exact direction and I will be a loyal minion.

I can help with a donation. Just let me know.

• Upvote 3

I'm a big believer in achievable goals and selling out an fcs game isn't realistic.

When was the last sell out? Baylor in 2003?

The game is the main product, game day is the secondary product. It hard to overcome the fact that we're playing a team many fans don't want to see.

A better approach would be "operation fan". What could we do and coordinate as fans to increase attendance. Sure a sell out is the long trerm goal, but it's not achievable out of gate. Especially against a bad fcs school.

• Upvote 4

Ok guys, AGAIN, I just need to know who is willing to help me with THIS idea? We can brainstorm all day different ideas but this is one I actually have planned out and just need help to move forward.

Anyone who has an alternative idea...and the will to personally seer it through...more power to you. But I see the clock ticking and just want to see if there is a solid commitment to make it happen.

I am down and ready to help, just let me know how and when. Should we get a meeting together so we could make sure efforts aren't wasted/duplicated regarding donations.

Edited by ScreamingEaglesFan