Florida State football team banned from Twitter

I think this is something we will see more and more of (if nothing else to protect teams against things players might say in the heat of the moment from being used against themselves or the team, or to prevent a comment being made that could end up getting someone kicked off the team

Agree 100%. I have visited some of our athletes' Twitter sites, and been blown away by n-words and cuss words being thrown all over the place, players flipping the bird at the camera, etc. If coaches are going to allow players to use Twitter, they need to monitor what those players are posting.

I agree with Jimbo Fisher. Cuss words, (some) rap lyrics, racial or sexual slurs, etc. that can be identified with a specific group have no place in the public domain. The act of one individual can bring discredit on the entire team or organization. Teams usually have a code of conduct and those that act irresponsibly should be disciplined.

• Upvote 1

Better question: Care or don't care?

Sad to say but if you’re a fan of a team these days you almost have to care; well maybe care is the wrong word. You have to be aware that just a couple of moments of not thinking, or being angry and not calming down could have a negative impact on a team and possibly a season.