Game Times Announced

KoldBeer

DENTON, Texas - North Texas today announced the kickoff times for all of the 2012 home football games at Apogee Stadium. The Mean Green has five home games this season at Apogee Stadium starting with Texas Southern on September 8. The home opener against Texas Southern is slated for a 6 p.m. kickoff.

The Sun Belt conference opener for North Texas is against the Troy Trojans on September 22 and that is set for a 6 p.m. kickoff. North Texas returns home on October 16 for a national TV game on Tuesday night against Louisiana-Lafayette at 8 p.m. The game will be televised on ESPN2.

The final two home games of the season against Arkansas State on November 3 and South Alabama on November 10 both will both kick at 4 p.m. The game against the defending conference champion Arkansas State Red Wolves on November 3 is homecoming at North Texas.

North Texas opens the regular season on September 1 at LSU.

2012 NT Football home game times

Sept. 8- Texas Southern 6 pm

Sept. 22- Troy 6 pm

Oct 16- Louisiana-Lafayette 8 pm

Nov. 3- Arkansas St. 4 pm

Nov. 10- South Alabama 4 pm

• Upvote 4

i like that 8 pm tuesday kickoff...take off half a day, start tailgating by 1, then take off the next day....perfect!!!

now as for the five home games...ugh...but it's better than none!

gonna have to make a road trip or two to make up for the lack of home games.

we have two nice victory games to open and close the home schedule!!!

• Upvote 1

Plus we get a cream puff game for homecoming against Arkansas State. I wonder how the Red Wolves feel about being our HC opponent ?

It doesn't matter. They're just one of the 6 wins we need.

GO MEAN GREEN

do we need 6 or 7 because of USA?

• Upvote 1

I wonder if anyone goes to a bowl this year with less than 7 wins?

No team SHOULD go to a bowl game with less than 7 wins...

It really bugs me to see teams go to bowls with a 6-6 record, lose and then be a "bowl team" with a losing record...

"But, hey, we went to a bowl game!!"

7 should be the bare minimum... If there are too many bowl games for that, then get rid of some...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1