Doin the lord's work

emmitt01

We hit Fry Street (the places that are open in the daytime...perhaps going back in the evening to hit the bars?). We hit the square. We went to the shopping center on University where the VFW hall is. Went to Double Dave's pizza on University and the restaurants across the street from it (New York Sub and a burger joint).

Places that we didn't get to but would be fruitful....

1)The shopping center across the street from Sack-n-Save. And sack-n-save itself.

2)The shopping center on University where the Kroger is. University and Carroll Blvd.

3)All of the stores over by the mall including down 288 by Target and Wal-Mart.

Hope someone gets to the businesses on University (I think that's it). When we come to town for games, we stay at the Fairfield and visit a lot of those businesses while we're there. Last season, Fairfield employees were in their green for one of the weekends. We only saw one poster, though, and that was the Italian restaurant further down the street. Would love to see more spirit in that town - curious to me why more folks don't support their own university. It should be a partnership, shouldn't it?

Can't wait for the season to start!

• Upvote 1

Hope someone gets to the businesses on University (I think that's it). When we come to town for games, we stay at the Fairfield and visit a lot of those businesses while we're there. Last season, Fairfield employees were in their green for one of the weekends. We only saw one poster, though, and that was the Italian restaurant further down the street. Would love to see more spirit in that town - curious to me why more folks don't support their own university. It should be a partnership, shouldn't it?

Can't wait for the season to start!

Denton residents in general don't support much of anything. I went to a Denton Ryan game the year they won state. Mainly just parents in the stands, they don't support the high schools either. They are good at moaning, bitching, and whining.

Denton residents in general don't support much of anything. I went to a Denton Ryan game the year they won state. Mainly just parents in the stands, they don't support the high schools either. They are good at moaning, bitching, and whining.

Sort of like many Mean Green "fans" and UNT Alumni these days.

• Downvote 1

I'm in to help on any given Saturday. I'd be willing to start Saturday, 7-28-12, if anyone wants to commit to a group now. Would we need to coordinate with someone at the AD to get posters?

I could do this early Saturday morning on the 28th. I am committed Saturday afternoon starting at 1PM, but up until about noon this Saturday I am good to go.....I am going the the Mean Green Volunteer Rep banquet on July 25th, so I could arrange to pick up a stack of posters...and I live near the Loop 288 area, so I could hit the folks in the center across from the Mall if that would help...like Moo-Ya's, Five Guys, etc., etc. If you are up for this PM me and we can arrange a "meet" to hand out posters for delivery...anyone else available for the 28th and a little Mean Green Volunteer work?

• Upvote 1

Just a little suggestion. From the decade or so I've been doing this I've learned that it's best to take your own tape and offer to hang the posters right there on the spot. It's far more lowly to be successful than if you just leave the poster with an employee to put up at their convenience.

• Upvote 2