Worst Football Field ever?

UNTflyer

If you want to talk about worst actual field, not color, the old Forester Field where Bryan Adams plays, The turf used to be so thin, it was essentially like playing on concrete, and it was actually coming up in places. You could actually reach down with your fingers, and leterally left it up like loose carpet.

Rudy....I agree on Forester 110%. I went to North Mesquite and we played Thomas Jefferson there. As you stated, was thin carpet over concrete. But probably even worse than that was the old Highland Park field. No grass, no lines. When it was dry, it was like playing in the dust bowl, when it was raining it was even worse.

Rudy....I agree on Forester 110%. I went to North Mesquite and we played Thomas Jefferson there. As you stated, was thin carpet over concrete. But probably even worse than that was the old Highland Park field. No grass, no lines. When it was dry, it was like playing in the dust bowl, when it was raining it was even worse.

No sh!t?! '96 here.

I didn't realize it was red until I read the article. I thought it was green and gray. Color blindness. Such a disability.

You and me both brutha. I didn't even read the article yesterday... just looked at the picture, assumed it was green/white and closed the tab.

Mark Elam. My Senior season we went to the State Quarterfinals, but lost to Lake Highlands and that tricked up BS wishbone. We would have tied it up with under 5, but those retarded tiebreakers forced us to go for two. That game caused the overtime they use now. Remember the speech/debate teacher? That is my mom.

Edited by Rudy

You guys should have seen some of the small school fields (at least back in the 80s). Literally fields. One place we played was essentially the edge of a pasture and about 1/4 of the field was solid grassburs. You would be covered in them after a play.

Did you also play uphill, bothways, in 2 feet of snow? :P