Boise State staying in MWC

NT03

If true, Boise staying in the MWC could mean problems for CUSA. East Carolina to the BE? What about San Diego State following suit and staying in the MWC? So. Miss. follows?

I think C-USA increased their exit fee after the last round of realignment. It might be enough to deture current programs from leaving.

Edited by Side Show Joe
  • Upvote 1

I think C-USA increased their exit fee after the last round of realignment. It might be enough to deture current programs from leaving.

That and the fact that the BCS is dead and schools may start jumping out of the Big East like cockroaches off a sinking ship.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Yeah, most of the people here hate SMU but the chance of being in a conference with them will be awesome. Same with UH. However, I highly doubt they come back to CUSA.

ETA- For UNT and CUSA fans I think it is best if Bosie goes to BE that way BE won't poach on ECU or possibly Southern Miss. Two of the CUSA selling points.

Edited by Eastwood Eagle
  • Upvote 1

Wild regionally it does not make sense, it is a good move for Boise. If they can replicate dominence in the BE while sharing their brand to the East Coast that could be a huge windfall for them. They could take their brand national much faster than other programs not named USC, Texas, Ohio State or Florida. It would be something to see bronco gear being worn around the Big Apple, but it will if they consistently go out east and kick tail. The same could have been said for SDSU had they moved their bball programs with them. I think the Big West will be bad for them. Driving through Utah it is weird to see BYU in the WCC for hoops and Utah virtually falling into Pac 10 oblivion. I know it is early but USA is about to be back and the desert will warm up with Rodriguez. I guess the same could be said for SMU and Houston as well. In fact it might be easier to sell successful Pony gear in the east than it is in East Dallas.

GMG