Daeshon Hall decommits to UT

The 6-foot-6, 230-pound recruit called Texas co-recruiting coordinator Bruce Chambers last week to inform him he planned to reopen his recruitment in the hopes of finding a school closer to his home in Seattle.

"I've opened it up a bit," Hall said. "It was difficult. I just want to be close to home. I'm still open to any opportunities, but I'd like to be closer to home."

Not sure why we would have a chance here.

Not sure why we would have a chance here.

Our chances are better than UTSA, Houston, or Rice. And, hey, LSU and Alabama, suck it!

Honestly though, both the young man and the linked article just seem confusing. It says he's from Lancaster, Texas, but wants to play closer to home in Seattle. He likes the idea of playing basketball and football, but mostly football. The UW Huskies have offered him the chance to do both, so that sounds like the place for him, except that he hasn't completely ruled out UT and stays in contact with their recruiting coordinator. It's interesting to think back to when UW football ruled the PAC-10 (or however many they were back then), and how far they had fallen by the end of the Ty Willingham era. Don James must have been one great coach!

I think this is the kind of situation that we're hopefully moving away from, and that we seem to be attracting guys who want to go to school and play football at UNT. Not that shopping around is a bad thing, but there's a right way to do these things.

Edited by eulessismore
  • Upvote 1

Family was getting divorced.. looks like they are staying together and wants to stay closer to the fam. Can't argue with that. Good for him.

That being the case, then best wishes to him. And honestly, he sounds like someone who would be worth the risk for a place like UT or UW. Of course, UNT needs to take risks, but they need to be well targeted. I liked the idea of going after the QB from Colorado, but also liked that when it didn't work out, we used the scholly to bring in someone who plays DT, a position where we need immediate depth.