Happy Birthday Silver Eagle

GreenBat

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to a great Mean green fan...way to go Silver...you made it another year...well, it's your day...you own it...make it a great one...Here's thinking of you on your day!

• Upvote 1

Happy Birthday, Bill...and I truly hope that you have many, many more.

P.S. Thanks for loaning "The Story of North Texas" to me. I'll return it at the first home game this fall.

Jack

Neither you, Jack, or you, too, Bill may remember this, but I introduced yall to each other in the stands at the infamous

Amon Carter Stadium "throw the ball" UNT/TCU game when the entire UNT coaching staff were giving our fans some most mean'esque :growl: looking stares that afternoon.

Should we all collaborate on a book of our Mean Green experiences and maybe call it, "The Good, The Bad, The Worse, the Ugly and 'F'uglier" as our title? And then could you imagine a movie being made from such a book? Maybe fellow UNT alum Larry McMurtry could be our very invisible ghost writer for this book-to-movie, too? Title: Lonesome Dove in the Fouts Field South End Zone Seats ?

GMG!

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Neither you, Jack, or you, too, Bill may remember this, but I introduced yall to each other in the stands at the infamous

Amon Carter Stadium "throw the ball" UNT/TCU game when the entire UNT coaching staff were giving our fans some most mean'esque :growl: looking stares that afternoon.

Should we all collaborate on a book of our Mean Green experiences and maybe call it, "The Good, The Bad, The Worse, the Ugly and 'F'uglier" as our title? And then could you imagine a movie being made from such a book? Maybe fellow UNT alum Larry McMurtry could be our very invisible ghost writer for this book-to-movie, too? Title: Lonesome Dove in the Fouts Field South End Zone Seats ?

GMG!

GMG!

I think that a book about the history of North Texas would be a great idea. I've suggested it myself. There are a lot of people who could make a very considerable contribution to such a thing. Such as GrayEagle, Green Grenade, Island Eagle, Cooley, Dallas Green, DeepGreen, "LetsGiveaCheer" (the marching band view of it), MoGreen..etc...etc.

I know I've forgotten many names, but there are a lot of resources out there if someone wanted to do some interviews. The resources won't be there forever.

As an "in the mean time" alternative to a book, I've suggested a History thread that is permanently pinned at the top of the page, and divided by decades, where people can share their most memorable moments of North Texas sports.

Edited by SilverEagle
  • Upvote 2