Lance on Front Page

H-towngreen

"will have a chance to shine on kick returns"

Did Lance ever do kick returns while at NT?

He definitely did punt returns--I think I remember him back fielding kickoffs as well, but I'm not sure. And I'm certainly not motivated enough to go back and look through the past few seasons' cumulative statistics.

Question- does Lance get paid for these rookie camps? Is he under any type of contract?

---I think they get a little, enough to meet expenses, but not enough to call it a salary. The contract doesn't kick in until they make the team (first week of season) . Most undrafted ones just get a league minimum salary...when the season starts..

--Apparently the NFL league minimim is $405,000 once you make the team... [ lowest salary I see listed ] not sure what practice squad players make but it is less.

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66

---I think they get a little, enough to meet expenses, but not enough to call it a salary. The contract doesn't kick in until they make the team (first week of season) . Most undrafted ones just get a league minimum salary...when the season starts..

--Apparently the NFL league minimim is $405,000 once you make the team... [ lowest salary I see listed ] not sure what practice squad players make but it is less.

that's still a ton of money! I'll take it.

I'm not positive but I think practice squad guys get about a quarter of that, totally un-guaranteed, and sweet insurance coverage.

As a diehard Lance/Cowboys fan I'm praying they see the light and keep him over Tanner because there's no way in my mind some other team doesn't swoop in and grab him up before he lands on the practice squad. Just like Carolina stole Matt Moore a couple years ago.

Edited by Green P1

He definitely did punt returns--I think I remember him back fielding kickoffs as well, but I'm not sure. And I'm certainly not motivated enough to go back and look through the past few seasons' cumulative statistics.

I think he did some KO returns early in his career. But I'm guessing that when it became apparent that he would be our feature back, and a big producer at that position, they took him off such hazardous duty.

• Upvote 1